Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   overlay login boxes in header's logo area (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20265)

jcpcosta May 6, 2013 09:42 AM

overlay login boxes in header's logo area

Hi guys..!

Could you please tell me how to overlay login boxes in header's logo area? I think It's positioning with CSS but where and how?

This is my website's URL: http://mlearning.mdsinsure.com/

Thank you

juggledad May 6, 2013 10:09 AM

learn how to use Firebug in firefox, then you can examine the area involved and play with CSS to move it. I'd play with the 'position', 'top' and 'right' css rules.

jcpcosta May 6, 2013 10:53 AM

Ok, what I did was:

ATO --> Add CSS inserts:

div#wplb_wrap { position: relative; top: 40px; ;
}

and it seems to work although now there's a blank space at the top..I mean that's the background so seems that all website should closer to the top, right??

juggledad May 6, 2013 11:33 AM

this is what happens when you start playing. How did that code get there in the first place?
why not add the code for those fields into the 'Configure header Area' option and style them from there.

jcpcosta May 7, 2013 02:52 AM

well I found this piece of code using Firebug! Anyways, now I added the code into the 'Configure header Area' as you mentioned, it's looking better now but I still don't know how to overlap login boxes :(

juggledad May 7, 2013 05:56 AM

It doesn't look like you added the HTML that makes the login section to the 'Configure Header Area' option

jcpcosta May 7, 2013 07:31 AM

Well I'm using a plugin.. WP login Box..and on its installation steps says to add this code: if(function_exists('wplb_login')) wplb_login(); so I added it to header.php file...do I have to add anything else??? Sorry!

juggledad May 7, 2013 11:06 AM

That plugin is adding HTML outside of the header area which is why it makes it difficult to position it the way you want. You are going to have to play with positioning (absolute and relative) for it and see what you can come up with.

Have ou contacted the plugin author for guidance?

jcpcosta May 8, 2013 02:56 AM

Yes, I did! But till now no answer :( I'll try to google for it... Thank you! if I find anything, I'll post here!

lmilesw May 8, 2013 09:48 AM

Another option is to add a new widget area and then use a php aware widget to add your code.

jcpcosta May 10, 2013 08:36 AM

Hi guys!

Atahualpa design is in tables which means I can't post the code '<?php if (function_exists ('wplb_login')) { wplb_login(); } ?>' in a div, so need to post it in the correct table row inside a td tag.

I've tried to add it in different places/files/etc...and tried use different margins/paddings/etc..still doesn't work!

I want to position login boxes at the top of the header, above search box, right aligned. Can you please help and tell me the right place to add this code?

lmilesw May 10, 2013 08:57 AM

See post #10

jcpcosta May 10, 2013 09:35 AM

I inted to try to but there's something weird...I added in ATO --> style & edit header area --> 2 new widget areas but then I deleted one of them...but it still shows up in widgets??? Is this possible? How can I entirely delete it?:o

lmilesw May 10, 2013 11:27 AM

You have to delete the code and then delete the widget areas in the Add New Widget Areas section.

jcpcosta May 13, 2013 02:32 AM

lmilesw, I know! That's what I did... but widgets still there...or its boxes for it because if I add something to them, nothing happens! This is weird! Nevertheless, If you could just give a hint if there's a better place to put the login code instead of header.php...

juggledad May 13, 2013 05:06 AM

to delete a new widget area
1) go to appearances->widgets and remove any widgets from your 'new' widget area
2) remove the 'new' widget agea code you added
3) view teh home page
4) go to ato->new widget area and check off the widget area you want to delete and press the delete button
5) go back and view the home page.

at this point it should be gone. If you still see it in ato->new widget area try going to posts and back to teh 'new widget azrea to refresh the browser cache.

juggledad May 13, 2013 05:23 AM

easiest way to do this:
1) add a new widget area as last parameter to ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
HTML Code:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Login widget'); ?>
2) view home page
3) go to dashboard->Apperances->Widgets
4) add a text widget to the new widget area 'Login widget'
5) add your login/out code to the widget area like
HTML Code:

<?php wp_loginout(  ); ?>
6) go to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and position the login area with omething like this
HTML Code:

#login_widget {position: absolute; top: 50px; right: 50px;}
you will have to play with the numbers.

jcpcosta May 13, 2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 100509)
1) go to appearances->widgets and remove any widgets from your 'new' widget area
3) view teh home page
4) go to ato->new widget area and check off the widget area you want to delete and press the delete button

at this point it should be gone. If you still see it in ato->new widget area try going to posts and back to teh 'new widget azrea to refresh the browser cache.

Solved!! Old widgets definitively deleted Thank you juggledad!

jcpcosta May 13, 2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 100509)
3) view teh home page

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 100510)
easiest way to do this:
1) add a new widget area as last parameter to ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
HTML Code:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Login widget'); ?>
2) view home page
3) go to dashboard->Apperances->Widgets
4) add a text widget to the new widget area 'Login widget'
5) add your login/out code to the widget area like
HTML Code:

<?php wp_loginout(  ); ?>
6) go to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and position the login area with omething like this
HTML Code:

#login_widget {position: absolute; top: 50px; right: 50px;}
you will have to play with the numbers.

Tried this but nothing happened! Also added z-index property but still didn't work. When inspecting with Firebug, text widget is there... any ideas? Thank you once again!

juggledad May 13, 2013 07:49 AM

ummmmm check your css against the css I gave you - also you might want to put some text in the widget to see where it shows.

jcpcosta May 13, 2013 10:01 AM

Hi again!
I gave up on this plugin.. :( I wasn't able to solve it...so I'll be using WP Sliding Login.

thank you for all your time