Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Trying to add my logo to the header but only get a link, no image (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18185)

DeonneK Aug 17, 2012 10:19 AM

[SOLVED] Trying to add my logo to the header but only get a link, no image

Hello all,

(I don't mean the header banner image, I mean the space above that where the blog name and tagline go.) My site is gonescamping.com using Atahualpa 3.7.7, and I uploaded my image (Gone-Scamping-Logo-for-blog.jpg) but all it shows is a link, no image. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Deonne

DeonneK Aug 17, 2012 10:26 AM

Also, I just realized my header image (the one that rotates below where I want my logo to go) is the generic photo that came with the theme. But I have five images loaded into the images/header folder, and none of them show up. They used to, so how do I get them back?

Thanks again.

Deonne

juggledad Aug 17, 2012 10:34 AM

There are two places the blog title/tag line can show - in the logo area or in the header image. There are settings in two places, one is in the header image options...

DeonneK Aug 17, 2012 10:48 AM

Thanks for the quick response! I understood you could add a logo in the "style & edit header area" section, and the rotating images are dealt with in the "header image" section. Is that not the case?

juggledad Aug 17, 2012 12:11 PM

there is a logo area - %logo - you can have an image and your blog title/tag there
there is an image area -%image - you can overlay the blog title/tag line there HOWEVER
if you use fade in/out, the title gets wiped out UNLESS you use the get around and use CSS to move the a extra area over the title and give it a high z-index

there have been many threads about these and directions around if you dig a little and experiment.

DeonneK Aug 17, 2012 01:29 PM

Right - I uploaded my logo to atahualpa353/images folder and plugged in the name of that logo in the "show logo image" box - no logo.

Also, what about my rotating header images? Why aren't mine showing instead of the generic ones?

juggledad Aug 17, 2012 04:27 PM

can't get to the site t check it out - get 'Error establishing a database connection'

DeonneK Aug 18, 2012 07:17 AM

Bluehost crashed my site and were doing repairs - sorry about that. The site is back up, and you can see the link in the upper left corner where my logo should be.

Thanks for your help!

juggledad Aug 18, 2012 08:15 AM

What is the actual name of the atahualpa folder? Is it 'atahualpa' or 'atahualpa353'? Use FTP to determine the answer. I think you may have two installs of the theme and things are in the wrong place

DeonneK Aug 18, 2012 08:32 AM

I've got my images in the Atahualpa353 folder. Is it simply a matter of moving them into the correct one? (And if so, what's the 353 folder about?)

juggledad Aug 18, 2012 08:46 AM

yes move them to the new folder - I wold have to assume you (or someone else) did a manual install of version 353 and named the folder that way. take a look at this thread

DeonneK Aug 18, 2012 08:58 AM

It worked! I need to tidy it up, but the images are there. Thanks so much!