Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Extra background image by the sidebar (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4439)

id2d Nov 15, 2009 02:33 AM

Extra background image by the sidebar

Hi

If you look at this template, you see that the central body seems to be raised slightly and leave a shadow on the back ground image - because of this image repeating the entire length of the page on the left, and a similar one on the right.

Can anyone tell me how I would put this effect into Atahualpa?

thanks

id2d Nov 17, 2009 07:04 AM

Not possible?

juggledad Nov 17, 2009 11:06 AM

only suggestion I would give is make teh second image the background of the center column. You may have an issue positioning it properly.

id2d Nov 17, 2009 12:47 PM

Thanks.
But that won't go up to all the way to the top, through the bars and the header image.

I can think of a way to do what I want a slightly different way -
Is it possible with Atahualpa to have 2 background images 1 above the other? -
One at the top of the page and one underneath repeating to the bottom?

Or even one that repeats the entire length of the page top to bottom and a second image that layers over it at the top only?

juggledad Nov 17, 2009 01:18 PM

the center column stops at the header. The page is broken into
HEADER AREA
MIDDLE AREA - which can have LEFT, LEFT-INNER, CENTER, RIGHT-INNET, RIGHT areas
FOOTER AREA

as for two background images...nope (this not an Atahualpa issue, it's HTML/CSS) which would be which. A background covers the background so the second one would cover the first.

id2d Nov 17, 2009 02:37 PM

Hi
Thanks for explaining

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 19130)
... A background covers the background so the second one would cover the first.

But what about a backgound image that repeats top to the bottom, and then the second small background image that goes on top at the top but does not repeat?

I tied this but it seemed that the second backgound stopped the 1st one appearing at all rather than layering on top.

thanks

juggledad Nov 17, 2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

CSS background-repeat Property: Definition and Usage

The background-repeat property sets if/how a background image will be repeated.
By default, a background-image is repeated both vertically and horizontally.
when I said:
Quote:

A background covers the background so the second one would cover the first.
I implied (and should have finished the statement with) 'so the first one would nevr be seen since it is covered. CSS always used the last rule for a given selector.

.body {background: url(a.jpg);}
.body {background: url(b.jpg);}
will cause 'b.jpg' to be used for the background, since it is the last rule for the selector '.body'

id2d Nov 18, 2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 19144)
when I said:

I implied (and should have finished the statement with) 'so the first one would nevr be seen since it is covered. CSS always used the last rule for a given selector.

.body {background: url(a.jpg);}
.body {background: url(b.jpg);}
will cause 'b.jpg' to be used for the background, since it is the last rule for the selector '.body'

Thanks for explaining :)