Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] Atahualpa 3.7.1 how to do to NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or St (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15914)

donlebi Nov 9, 2011 07:46 PM

[SOLVED] Atahualpa 3.7.1 how to do to NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or St

Hi friends,
to not display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Page in the version 3.4.7 was so easy by using Atahualpa Page Options, which I can't see on 3.7.1. Any advise how to do it please? :) Tx

juggledad Nov 10, 2011 03:31 AM

Check the 'Configure SEO' section

stevesien Dec 7, 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 75411)
Check the 'Configure SEO' section

I have set the SEO option and I get the extra menus on the post Edit page. But when I check Check to "NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages" they still show. Also when I delete any words in the "Body Title Single Pages or Body Title Multi Post Pages" fields and hit update the words remain. I am getting double titles on the posts. I think something is corrupt. I have tried updating to 3.7.3, 3.7.1 and originally am using 3.6.7

here is the site http://www.redroof.jp/leaf Posts on the front page
Steve

Thanks for any help

juggledad Dec 7, 2011 07:45 PM

Try this, go to the post and delete the custom field

stevesien Dec 8, 2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 77093)
Try this, go to the post and delete the custom field

You mean delete the data in the field next to this: "Body Title Single Pages" ___________ and this "Body Title Multi Post Pages"____________

I did and I update but the data returns to the field

juggledad Dec 8, 2011 06:28 AM

no, I mean delete the custom field

if you edit the post you should see a section labeled 'Custom Fields' - if you don't then click on the 'screen options' tab at the top of the screen and check the 'custom fields' option.

Now just delete the custom field and it will pick up the post title again.

stevesien Dec 8, 2011 08:20 PM

I deleted the Custom Field but it comes back after updating I also tried every combination of deleting the text in here: "Body Title Single Pages" ___________ and this "Body Title Multi Post Pages"____________

then deleting the Entire custom fields , also checking and unchecking "Check to NOT display the Body Title....." and the deleting the Body Tiltle text then deleting the Custom field, The title keeps coming back

I even tried making new posts and deleting the old ones. I should mention I imported the posts originally from another site using the Wp Export Import.

I have the posts on another site, so I can nuke the db table and re add the posts manually if you think that would help.
Thanks
Steve

juggledad Dec 9, 2011 03:42 AM

So to review
1) at ato->Configure SEO->Use Post/Page Options? - you have it set to 'No'
2) You go to a post and delete the custom fields 'bfa_ata_body_title' and 'bfa_ata_body_title_multi' (the actual field not just the contents - you can delete all the custom fields that start with 'bfa_')
3) you update the post

are you saying at this point the custom fields are recreated?

stevesien Dec 9, 2011 05:13 PM

Wow I totally misunderstood what I was doing, I had the SEO Post/Page /options ON cause I thought this would allow me to have posts but not show their titles.
So now I turned it off. I no longer have double titles but I still have a title showing.
I need titles for sorting purposes but I do not always want to show the title of the post for formatting purposes.
I do believe I was able to turn titles off on another site.

So lets start over please.

Sorry for wasting your time.

How can I not show post titles?
Thanks A lot.
Steve

juggledad Dec 9, 2011 06:21 PM

The easy way is just to use some CSS
HTML Code:

div.post-headline {display: none; }

stevesien Dec 9, 2011 09:29 PM

Good to Go , thanks.
Steve