Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Page menu background not changing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7550)

yunbeai Jun 11, 2010 11:03 PM

Page menu background not changing

HI
When I edit in theme options--- Background color for menu items in their default state and the menu bar itself.
The background stays white but the page tag only changes
This has happened to all 351 themes I updated too but not the previous theme
Is this a bug
Thanks for your help
Rod

juggledad Jun 12, 2010 06:21 AM

you need to describ this a little better.
What have you coded exactly?
what is the url showing the problem? point out the problem

yunbeai Jun 13, 2010 08:04 PM

Have not coded anything I cant do that
The simple option in the page menu in 351where you select a color for the page menu background
does not change it

juggledad Jun 14, 2010 06:33 AM

Please export your style and send it to me so I can take a look

yunbeai Jun 16, 2010 05:12 PM

Thanks Juggledad but I do not know how to do that either
I just build sites and customise the theme with the provided options to suit the product I promote
I have upgraded about 6 sites and it does it on all of them
It seems I will have to leave it
Rod

akghost Jun 19, 2010 01:26 AM

Hey Juggledad, my site is also doing this. Would much appreciate your advice. I want the background menu bar to be white and set it to be that but it simply stays as gray.

Thanks for your help!

juggledad Jun 19, 2010 07:42 AM

Anytime you have a problem, you should ALWAYS provide the version of Atahualpa and WP, the url of the site and a description of where on the page the issue is happening

chrisn Jun 19, 2010 01:33 PM

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this problem with 3.5 versions of Atahualpa, and all versions of Wordpress when using 3.5.0/.1 I can't link you to my website as I'm creating it using xampp.

Basically the issue is this, I've deleted the background link (Links to background 7 in the image folder if I recall correctly) that adds the dark grey and light grey bars behind the Page Menu bar and Category Menu bar, and removed the category menu, when I change the colour of the Page Menu it only changes the colours of the menu link boxes, not the entire background.

The arrow is pointing to the problem;

http://i50.tinypic.com/11m49rp.jpg

Thanks for any help you can give

juggledad Jun 19, 2010 02:25 PM

in 3.5.1 go to ato->export/import and export your style, then send it to me or attach it to your reply to this post

chrisn Jun 19, 2010 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 546
Attached, thanks.

chrisn Jun 20, 2010 04:32 PM

Hi,

After some reading and tinkering I noticed a command in CSS Inserts that must come with Atahualpa 3.5;

Code:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: transparent;
border: none;
}

Upon changing it to
Code:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: #751818;
border: none;
}

I got the effect I wanted, my issue is solved, thanks.
(For those who would like to know I was reading [SOLVED] %page-center issue coloring the whole bar

Andante Jul 27, 2010 05:39 PM

Just wanted to thank the poster chrisn for this solution to the white background at the right end of my page menu bar. I had searched the forum for days, client breathing down my neck to transfer the site to a new server, and this stopped that progress for days.

I just changed the transparent background thing in CSS inserts to the color the background should be and now the gold color goes the full length of the page menu, before there was white at the right end where the menu items stopped.

Thanks again for this solution!

Rarabou Sep 7, 2010 02:39 AM

Hi everyone, here is my css code for the page bar.

I want to have a background just behind the page name (home for example), therefore, the page bar is shorter than the entire header's width...:o

Here is the code then :

/* round corners for page menu bar items */ div#menu1 ul.rMenu { background:#FFFFFF no-repeat 0 7px ; none repeat scroll 0 0; webkit-border-top-left-radius: 10px; webkit-border-top-right-radius: 10px; moz-border-radius-topleft: 10px; moz-border-radius-topright: 10px; border-top-left-radius: 10px; border-top-right-radius: 10px; }

It works fine, except that the round corners don't show up ...

Thank to you guys,
G

juggledad Sep 7, 2010 06:36 AM

What browser are you using? Ie doesn't support radius, check it in Safari or firefox

Rarabou Sep 7, 2010 06:45 AM

It doesn't work on any of them. It used to work fine, but i did something wrong in the CSS insert and I can't find the right settings ...

When I use this code : */ div#menu1 ul.rMenu li, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a { -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 5px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; }

I do have the round borders, however, I cannot insert a white background as I do have on the previous code ...:confused:

juggledad Sep 7, 2010 11:04 AM

You have
HTML Code:

/* round corners for page menu bar items */
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
  background:#FFFFFF no-repeat 0 7px ;
none repeat scroll 0 0;
webkit-border-top-left-radius: 10px;
webkit-border-top-right-radius: 10px;
moz-border-radius-topleft: 10px;
moz-border-radius-topright: 10px;
border-top-left-radius: 10px;
border-top-right-radius: 10px; }

what is the none repeat scroll 0 0; for ?
Take it out