Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Woo Commerce over writing css? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21159)

moomum Nov 19, 2013 02:09 AM

Woo Commerce over writing css?

Woo commerce looks lovely but the support is terrible and the replies from support sarcastic and snarky, never again.

I've made a nice looking site with the Atahualpa theme and a Woocommerce plugin.
The trouble is that something updates automatically and the font colour of the price changes to white, which means it looks like it vanishes.

This is one of the pages it is happening on http://www.mamablessings.co.uk/produ...gift-vouchers/
The black text with the £ amount on just above 'add to cart' turns to white text and vanishes.

The coding is beyond me so I outsourced it but it's still being over written by something ever now and then. All that Woo said is that the coders didn't do it properly and sent me to a link that says to use a child theme, which I don't think I can do with Atahualpa can I?

The coders I outsourced to changed the css on the WooCommerce, can I add it to the inserts on the theme instead? Would that make it stick? I'm not actually sure what they changed anyway.

juggledad Nov 19, 2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

The trouble is that something updates automatically and the font colour of the price changes to white, which means it looks like it vanishes.
If something updated and changed it to white, how did you get it back to pink?

lmilesw Nov 19, 2013 08:41 AM

I see a couple of h3 entries in your CSS. I would probably play with using.
HTML Code:

.products h3 {
    color: purple;
}

You can of course change purple to any hex you want.

moomum Nov 19, 2013 01:19 PM

cool, I'll have a play with the css - this is what the coder said she did, I really do not understand it though. It would be on the Woo commerce css.

I changed this line:
.woocommerce div.product span.price,.woocommerce div.product p.price,.woocommerce #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce #content div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product p.price{color:#ffffff;font-size:1.25em}

To be:
.woocommerce div.product span.price,.woocommerce div.product p.price,.woocommerce #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce #content div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page div.product p.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product span.price,.woocommerce-page #content div.product p.price{color:#000000;font-size:1.25em}

I changed this line:
.woocommerce ul.products li.product .price,.woocommerce-page ul.products li.product .price{color:#ffffff;display:block;font-weight:normal;margin-bottom:.5em}

To be:
.woocommerce ul.products li.product .price,.woocommerce-page ul.products li.product .price{color:#000000;display:block;font-weight:normal;margin-bottom:.5em}

juggledad Nov 19, 2013 02:46 PM

remember if you edit the woo css file, next time there is an upgrade to the plugin you will lose the changes. You could try putting them in the ago->add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and then they will be stored in the DataBase part of the theme options and will remain over upgrades of the theme or plugin. Of course that won't help you if woo changes the ID/Class names or structure….:o

moomum Nov 20, 2013 02:21 AM

I was hoping you would say something like that :-)
If I just copy and paste the code that the coder did into the css inserts would that work? I don't really understand what she has done.

juggledad Nov 20, 2013 03:44 PM

You can try that. If it does what you want your all set.

moomum Nov 27, 2013 05:31 AM

fantastic, thank you, now it's just a matter of waiting to see what damage woo does next!