Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   eCommerce & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   [SOLVED] More on Atahualpa and WP e-Commerce (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=17880)

Inblingham Jun 25, 2012 12:52 PM

[SOLVED] More on Atahualpa and WP e-Commerce

Since upgrading to all new versions of WP, Atahualpa and WP e-Commerce we experienced many of the site features related to the products area having issues. The site uses WP e-Commerce plugin for a product catalog rather than a complete store, although as a developer my goal has been to keep that aspect available for my client. After posting on this forum to see if anyone had a viable solution and not getting one, went to the WP e-Commerce forums. The crew at GetShopped.com was very helpful, not unlike the level of service we get from the Bytesforall guys - thanks to you all, as a consumer of your products...really appreciate such freely given support! Anyway, what was concluded at GetShopped was that Atahualpa is placing "br" & "p" tags throughout the products page which is messing with the formatting. Is there any way to work around this? It was suggested that we change out our theme. I really don't want to do that. We like the way our theme works, but it would be a nightmare to change out the commerce plugin with over 400 product items. Ideas welcomed...~Inblingham

Affected Website: www.doorstepdelivers.com

juggledad Jun 25, 2012 06:18 PM

Atahualpa doesn't put anything in the post content, that is something WordPress must be doing.

Inblingham Jun 26, 2012 12:14 PM

Okay...so if WP is doing this, any ideas on how to correct the issue, if that is truly our issue? Would so appreciate the help.

This is what the products pages are doing:

http://doorstepdelivers.com/products-page

As you can see, the page flows over the right sidebar and footer totally messing the presentation up. WP e-Commerce's GetShopped team has gotten most of the search features working, but cannot get the CSS to edit properly, putting copy files in Atahualpa theme directory. The theme will not see them and defaults back to the Plugin file version. This is a problem as you know every time the plugin may be updated, so I really would like to get this aspect working.

Ideas welcomed...~Inblingham

juggledad Jun 26, 2012 12:45 PM

that page looks fine to me in Safari, FireFox and Chrome on a Mac - are you looking at it in IE? have you tried another browser?

Inblingham Jun 26, 2012 03:32 PM

Jugglehead I have looked at it in all of the other browsers and a smart phones android screen. The page is overflowing and losing the right sidebar which contains other search tools along with scrunching the footer content to the left corner while still overflowing out of the container. Not only that, but if you try to move past page 1 products page to 2 or more, it will not budge. The only way to see the products is to select see all from the choice selectors at the top of the products container. I am sure that some of this could be fixed with a little CSS magic but I think that it goes beyond that. The WP e-Commerce guys say that it is because the theme is based on an old school table layout along with the addition of the "br" and "p" tags. I am not totally convinced.

Again, any ideas are welcomed. Trying to turn over every stone before abandoning this theme.
Thanks so much! ~Inblingham

juggledad Jun 26, 2012 04:05 PM

Oh I see that now - let me take a look

juggledad Jun 26, 2012 04:38 PM

It seems that the plugin is using SESSION's and that is messing up the Theme variables, but this might provide a 'get around' for it.

edit footer.php and change line 3 from
HTML Code:

if (!isset($bfa_ata)) 
to
HTML Code:

if ((!isset($bfa_ata)) or (class_exists('WP_eCommerce')) )

Inblingham Jun 27, 2012 04:04 PM

Jugglehead, you are my HERO! That did the trick. Now back to Getshopped to have some help with the product search issue. I am pretty sure that is not an Atahualpa issue. Again, YOU ARE MY HERO! THANK-YOU SO MUCH! ~Inblingham :) :) :)