Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] Animate Category Menu Bar / Custom Post Date Not Working After Update to 3.6 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14303)

sar May 23, 2011 05:16 PM

[SOLVED] Animate Category Menu Bar / Custom Post Date Not Working After Update to 3.6

After updating to 3.6.7, I have noticed that the Animate Category Menu Bar option is not working. I have it set to yes, but it is not working as it was on 3.6.4.

Also, the code that I added to Add HTML/CSS Inserts in 3.6.4 for a custom post date is no longer working. I know that I cannot use PHP in this section any longer and would like to know where else I can put the code to make it work in 3.6.7. The code is below.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

.date {
background: url('<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/datebox.gif') repeat-x scroll top left;
display: inline;
float: left;
width:80px;
text-align:center;
color:#FFFFFF;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
border:1px solid #000000;
margin: 30px 10px 10px 10px;
}
.date-inside {
border:2px solid #FFFFFF;
padding:2px;
}
.date .date-day {
font-size:22px;
}

juggledad May 23, 2011 05:36 PM

Did you apply the BUGFIX's?

you need to change the <?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?> to the full path

sar May 23, 2011 05:45 PM

Juggledad,
Thanks for the quick response! I have not yet applied the bugfix's. (I am still a bit of a newbie...Do I need to apply all eight and do you have a thread on the proper way to do this?). Also, I am not sure what you mean by changing to the full path for the custom post date portion of my question. Any additional help you could provide would be appreciated. :)
Thanks again!

sar May 23, 2011 06:09 PM

Juggle Dad,
Thanks for your first post. I found the thread on describing how to apply the bug fixes. Everything is working great again.
Thanks!!!

sar Jun 21, 2011 11:49 AM

Juggledad,

My custom post date has stopped working again in 3.6.7. I have checked everything possible and cannot figure out why this is not working.
Code below:

Added to CSS / HTML Insert:

.date {
background: url(/sitename/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/datebox.gif);
display: inline;
float: left;
width: 80px;
text-align: center;
vertical-align: middle;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 16px;
border: 1px solid #000000;
margin: 30px 10px 10px 10px;
}
.date-inside {
border: 2px solid #FFFFFF;
padding: 2px;
}
.date .date-day {
font-size: 22px;
}

Added to edit post/page info items in kickers:

<div class="date">
<div class="date-inside">
<div class="date-month"><?php the_time('M'); ?></div>
<div class="date-day"><?php the_time('d'); ?></div>
<div class="date-year"><?php the_time('Y'); ?></div>
</div>
</div>

Please note - working on local server.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks again!

lmilesw Jun 21, 2011 01:06 PM

Because of WordPress requirements most php does not run in the theme options.

sar Jun 21, 2011 01:17 PM

Thank you for the reply. I had everything exactly where I specified and it was working in 3.6.7 up until a few days ago. Where should I put the PHP (that is currently located in the kickers) to get this to work again?

Thanks!

lmilesw Jun 21, 2011 01:24 PM

I don't know how it could have worked with 3.6.7. The only way I would know of getting php code to work there is to create a new widget area in the kicker area and then use a php aware widget for you code.

The php code for new widget areas is one piece of code that will work in 3.6.7.

sar Jun 21, 2011 01:39 PM

Can I place it in the php functions file somewhere? If so, would I need to add something additional to tell it to go to the kicker? Or, is there another way to have a 80px by 80px box display the post date?

Thanks!

lmilesw Jun 21, 2011 07:41 PM

You could just use the codes as outlined in the Post/Page Info items area. For instance something like the following put the Month, Day, and Year over one another. Then you could style it with a class of kicker-date.
HTML Code:

<div class="kicker-date">%date('F')%<br />%date('jS')%<br />%date('Y')%</div>

sar Jun 22, 2011 07:24 AM

Thank you!!!! That worked perfectly. Below is the code that I added to the kicker section (I added a border). I adjusted they styling in the CSS inserts.

<div class="kicker-date">
<div class="kicker-date-inside">%date('j')%<br />%date('M')%<br />%date('Y')%</div>

Thanks again!