Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   [SOLVED] Big trouble after trying to tweek footer!! (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2956)

jimkend Aug 13, 2009 03:19 PM

[SOLVED] Big trouble after trying to tweek footer!!

I was almost finished with this project. I was trying to customize the footer, and got these two messages (twice!). I'm ready to jump out the window!

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions.php on line 82

Warning: include_once(/home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions.php on line 146

I copy-and-pasted the code from an untouched footer.php and bfa_footer.php document, restored the atahualpa default footer copy, and it didn't restore my site: http://www.dailyidiocy.com

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jim

Khatiya Aug 13, 2009 04:39 PM

OMG I am having similar problems. I was trying to change some info in the footer and so I went to edit the functions.php and now when I view my blog IT IS GONE! Like the only thing that is showing is "%bar1 %image ". Where did the rest of the content go?

So I tried to revert back to the original functions.php file that I download and replace it back. It still not bringing my blog back :( I can still access my admin panel though.

Please help, what have I done wrong?

juggledad Aug 13, 2009 04:59 PM

what version of Atahualpa and WP are you both running?
Khatiya what's the url?

Jim, if you can get into the backend, switch themes to the default. Then try switching back to Atahualpa andsee what happens

Khatiya Aug 13, 2009 05:01 PM

Here is my URL http://khatiya-korner.com/blog/

Im using Atahualpa 3.4.1 and WP WordPress 2.8.4.

juggledad Aug 13, 2009 05:05 PM

Check to make sure you have the file bfa_custom_comments.php in the functions folder

juggledad Aug 13, 2009 05:10 PM

Khatiya,
download a fresh copy of Atahualpa 3.4.1 - then unzip the file and copy the functions.php to the atahuapa theme folder on teh server. It seems like you must have made a coding error and that is causing the problem. If you could look at the error log on the server, it would point you at the line of code, but this is quicker.

Rest assured, your information is not lost. You can switch to the default theme and see that it is all there.

Khatiya Aug 13, 2009 05:12 PM

Yes the file bfa_custom_comments.php is in the functions folder. I've even copied the original file and replaced it just in case the one there was corrupted.

Khatiya Aug 13, 2009 05:19 PM

I just download a clean version and replace the functions.php file and it's still not working. Would there be another file that was corrupted in the process? I only touch the functions.php line 137-140

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 12635)
Khatiya,
download a fresh copy of Atahualpa 3.4.1 - then unzip the file and copy the functions.php to the atahuapa theme folder on teh server. It seems like you must have made a coding error and that is causing the problem. If you could look at the error log on the server, it would point you at the line of code, but this is quicker.

Rest assured, your information is not lost. You can switch to the default theme and see that it is all there.

juggledad Aug 13, 2009 05:34 PM

Khatiya
The page generation is never getting to the footer.php. Did you make any other coding changes? To the header maybe? I would suggest renaming the atahualpa folder, copy a brand new copy in and see if things will work. If so you can check the code side by side.

Khatiya Aug 13, 2009 06:48 PM

I got it! Now that you mentioned it, I was also fiddling around with the header but I thought it checked out already prior to messing with the functions.php file? I was trying to add a widget to the header section which I thought I was successful. Perhaps there were too many codes or loops? Anyhow, what I did to correct this was to reset the header to it's default. Instead of adding the widget to the header I just went added and put the code (that I was going to put in the widget) directly into the header after %image. Now it seems to be back up and running and just the way I wanted. Case Solved.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

jimkend Aug 13, 2009 07:38 PM

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.2 and WordPress 2.8.4. I've been out, but I'll follow the recommendations you gave to Khatiya. Thanks for replying so quickly. I've been copying all the theme settings and CSS, thinking I'd have to rebuild from scratch!

jimkend Aug 13, 2009 07:48 PM

Huzzah! I found I was missing bfa_custom_comments.php, and installed it in that folder, and voilá it's repaired. A thousand thanks!!!!!!!!
Jim