Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Headline disappearing on single-post pages. (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2323)

Matt Butts Jul 9, 2009 06:12 AM

Headline disappearing on single-post pages.

With v 3.4 I notice that the headline does not appear on single post pages when I make a new post. It is there on older posts, and came back when I changed back to the previous version.

juggledad Jul 9, 2009 07:50 AM

Ah ha the key (new posts have the error, old posts are fine.

there is a new Atahualpa feature with 3.4 in dashboard->posts->edit-> Atahualpa Post Options. It seems that the upgrade automatically adds the 'post title' to 'Body Title' and it looks like that is where Atahualpa is grabbing the title for each post from. On a new post, the field is not automatcally filled in and so you get a blank title.

to fix this, edit bfa_post_parts.php and change lines 75-79 from
HTML Code:

if ( is_single() OR is_page() ) {
                global $post;
                $bfa_ata_body_title =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title', true);
                $bfa_ata_body_title_saved =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title_saved', true);
        }

to
HTML Code:

if ( is_single() OR is_page() ) {
                global $post;
                $bfa_ata_body_title =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title', true);
                if (!$bfa_ata_body_title == '') {
                        $bfa_ata_body_title_saved =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title_saved', true);
                }
        }

Paleo Pat Jul 9, 2009 03:05 PM

That fixed it here... Woo Hoo! :p

Flynn Jul 9, 2009 07:10 PM

Wonderful

Thank you, and added for 3.4.1

Paleo Pat Jul 10, 2009 02:11 AM

No problem. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what was making it do that... :confused:

Anyhow, It's fixed, and I'm quite the happy camper! :)

Fux Jul 11, 2009 08:37 AM

Well, now (with 3.4.1) it seems to be impossible to display no Page title on individual pages. That was possible with 3.4.0. Atahualpe won't accept empty fields neither for "Body Title" nor for "bfa_ata_body_title" - in both cases picking the original Post Title from Wordpress.
I don't think that was what the developer intended, was it?

Flynn Jul 11, 2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fux (Post 9994)
Well, now (with 3.4.1) it seems to be impossible to display no Page title on individual pages. That was possible with 3.4.0. Atahualpe won't accept empty fields neither for "Body Title" nor for "bfa_ata_body_title" - in both cases picking the original Post Title from Wordpress.
I don't think that was what the developer intended, was it?

Looking into it and will fix in 3.4.2 to be released 7-12-2009 Sunday