Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Forum How-To (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [SOLVED] Header and position of images (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21346)

egoph Jan 1, 2014 05:16 PM

[SOLVED] Header and position of images

I want the logo(image/area) and a widget to keep there positions regarding body and menu when you resize the window. Have tried with fix positions but without luck.

juggledad Jan 2, 2014 06:14 AM

do you want them in a fixed position or do you want them to float as the window gets smaller or larger?

Without access to the site you need to be very detailed with your descriptions - you know what you want, but we don't. :)

egoph Jan 2, 2014 12:44 PM

I want my menu-objects(3) to remain in the same relativ position to Everything else in the window although the window size is changed.
My header is position:relative full widht
My top-widget position:absolute (its a menu inside)
My logo area a table with logo inside position:relative
My logo image position:relative
And my tagline position:absolute
I am not sure what you Think is relevant in this situation. hope its enough..

juggledad Jan 2, 2014 04:43 PM

Since your site is not online, can you send some screen shots so I can see what you are talking about.

egoph Jan 3, 2014 06:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here come two Pictures First As it is now and then with the window changed
As You see the positions are changed compare to menu page and sidbars
I have tried the most from %for header image and left and right for header but......

lmilesw Jan 3, 2014 09:09 AM

If you set #wrapper or #container to position:relative you may be able to position items better.

egoph Jan 4, 2014 06:13 PM

I cant see that its helping.
The menu and bars are in the header(box) and below them the wrapper with page and sidebars. Thees parts is functioning with resizing window.
In header I have a top-widget( pos=absolut) that inside has a menu and it(li) floats to the left.
Beside the top-widget I have a logo-img(pos=rel) and a tagline pos=absolute.
The header is full widht with a bg image.
I hope I have explained it enough as I am trying to learn(understand) positioning.
Rel= from its default Place somewhere regarding to first Place. The first still take space.
Abs= moves other away and you can Place it anywhere if your folder is relativ. Hope I have understood positioning right.
Still I cant fix this. Can the float be responible for something?
As I see it its the header area which is the problem or....?

Before the change to full width header Everything was ok!

juggledad Jan 4, 2014 07:31 PM

Normally, the page is built as a table with three rows (this is a simplified view):
HTML Code:

<table>
<tr>Header</tr>
<tr>Middle</tr>
<tr>Footer</tr>
</table>

When you set the 'Full Width Header' option to 'Yes' the header area is removed from the table and becomes a <div>…</div> so you have
HTML Code:

<div>Header>
<table>
<tr>Middle</tr>
<tr>Footer</tr>
</table>

and the Header is set to a width of %100. All positioning of elements in the header happens in relation to this <div> and it is not tied to the table containing the middle and footer.

I hope this helps you out.

egoph Jan 4, 2014 08:18 PM

thank you. I will take a consonsideration what to do. Not now as I am to tired (middle of the night) :-)

egoph Jan 5, 2014 09:04 AM

This tells me it's no use to make something with wrapper or cantainer as they are not the parent
First step..
Second thought..Do I need a parent for the header div? I dont know.

egoph Jan 5, 2014 04:01 PM

maybe I have been overdoing this. Now I'll try to make them float in right order

egoph Jan 8, 2014 03:35 AM

I made the solution but in my own way I Think. Did'nt use Atas full width.
By the way I got rid of the enoying favicon-ladybug but I am not really sure why I will reconstruct if possible.
This is closed for me.