Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Search Results page needs formatting (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2690)

black_cat Jul 28, 2009 04:28 AM

Search Results page needs formatting

Hi,
I've searched both here and the WordPress forum for a solution but couldn't find any answers.

Is there any way to format the text on the Search results page?

All that appears when I do a search is the page title and a few lines from the page itself in paragraph format. There is no linked text to take the user to any of the resulting pages.

I'm currently using Atahualpa333 and using the search that comes with this theme (no search plugins)

Please can anyone help as I've spent ages trying to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

juggledad Aug 3, 2009 04:58 PM

The title of each post is a link to the post

black_cat Aug 4, 2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 11814)

Thanks for your reply juggledad. :)

The title isn't a link on my search results, it's just plain text. :(

I've checked the text using the Web Developer plugin on Firefox and it tells me the whole text on the page is in paragraph format.

Please can you or anyone else help further?

thetravelchronicle Aug 4, 2009 03:24 PM

NEVERMIND - I just figured out what you meant by the title being the link - now, how to explain that to users...
I guess I'll revise my question to be: Do you know anything about why Search Everything can't retain the ability to resize images?

On a related (I think) subject, my most developed site is still using 3.3.3, and I recently discovered while using the plugin "Search Everything", that while the search results page looks like every other page, it does not have a fluid center container. So, large images bleed off into and through the right sidebar. I posted with them (SE), and haven't heard back, so I don't know how they deal with generating a search results page.

It would not have occurred to me to bring this up here if not for this thread, so I did a test on a site where I have 3.4.2 loaded and found that the search function which is included returns a search page with no images at all - which may be by design.

If I'd like to have search pages with images contained in the center column, could you suggest some combination of Atahualpa version and a Search feature that might do the job?

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 11814)

Flynn Aug 8, 2009 05:56 AM

To display full posts including images on search result pages, set Configure EXCERPTS -> Posts or excerpts on SEARCH RESULT pages? to "Full posts"

thetravelchronicle Aug 10, 2009 09:55 AM

Aha! Well that may be the nudge I needed to update to 3.4.2 to use the included search option - unless of course you're moments away from releasing ThemeFrame. I may decide to stay with Atahualpa after I've looked at ThemeFrame, but would like to avoid spending time doing updates I won't be using if I switch.