Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] I get "Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9420)

Vickib Sep 5, 2010 11:50 AM

[SOLVED] I get "Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on

When I view my blog (which one that I've set up only to test WP upgrades, themes (I'm considering switching my blog to this one) and plugins.

So I just installed Wordpress 3.01, have my control panel, and activated the Atahaulpa theme, but when I view my blog it only gives me the one line of text "
Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum "

It doesn't appear that i need to change or set any of the theme options to see the initial default page.

When I activate another theme I see my blog page as it should be, with my test post and the basic theme default layouts.

Is your blog incompatible with WP 3?

Thanks,
Vicki

juggledad Sep 5, 2010 01:31 PM

Go to ato->export/import settings and press the 'delete bfa_ata4' record.
This should clean it up.

Warning: once you have started changeng options, doing this will wipe out all your settings

Vickib Sep 5, 2010 04:09 PM

Well after I figured out what you meant by ato, I went to import / export and did not see any such button ('delete bfa_ata4' record). I tried doing a reset but still can't see any default theme. Is this something that is a result of using it on WP 3? Why would this happen before I ever changed any setting at all?

juggledad Sep 5, 2010 06:45 PM

What version of Atahualpa are you using? Sorry, I assumed it was 3.5.2 or better (my bad) :o

thellancer Sep 7, 2010 11:58 AM

I am having the exact same issue. I installed Atahualpa on a new WP installation for a client who wanted the default appearance shown in the preview, but when I activate the theme I get nothing but this line of text on the page
"Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum"

Other themes work fine. All the Atahualpa settings appear in the control panel, but no matter what I edit nothing changes.

BTW I am using WP 3.4.9 and have tried both Atahualpa 3.4.9 and 3.5.1 with the same result.

juggledad Sep 7, 2010 01:37 PM

Follow the suggesting in post #2

thellancer Sep 7, 2010 02:18 PM

That worked. Thanks very much, appreciate the help.

Vickib Sep 7, 2010 04:34 PM

Hi! Sorry I guess it would have helped to mention that! It's version 3.4.9.

Thanks for any clues!

Vicki

Vickib Sep 7, 2010 04:36 PM

I just noticed you mention a newer version above, but when I went to the theme page from the wordpress search I just clicked the install or download from there, assuming I would get the most up to date version. I might fare better with 3.5.2 so I shall hunt for that one :)

Vickib Sep 7, 2010 04:50 PM

Ok, I found while searching that I should be looking for version 3.5.3 due to a bug so found it, installed, found that delete button, and voila, I have the default page now - thanks! :)