Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has anyone updated to Wordpress 3.5 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19148)

swimflyfast2 Dec 16, 2012 07:45 PM

Has anyone updated to Wordpress 3.5

Has anyone updated to wordpress 3.5? any troubles? wonderment?

lmilesw Dec 16, 2012 08:12 PM

No issues of significance.

Jam Dec 16, 2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 93913)
No issues of significance.

:) *audible chuckle*.
"of significance" to you Larry. You could fix any issues in literally seconds, issues that might send anyone else into a trail of try and fix but end up destroying their site completely.

Upgrading.... scary stuff :)

lmilesw Dec 16, 2012 08:52 PM

Yeah I guess it does depend on level of comfort and familiarity. I do, however, always update my test site first and then some less important sites. I also have backups (in most cases) before upgrading.

RP_Joe Dec 16, 2012 11:54 PM

I have been working with it for 2 days. the only thing I don't like is the editor. The tabs used to say visual and HTML. now they say visual and text.

I think that could be confusing to people who don't have a high tech experience. Even newbies know what HTML is. I suspect they won't know what the difference between visual and text is.

Grum Dec 17, 2012 04:57 AM

I haven't seen any major problems, although since updating to WP3.5 and ATA 3.7.10, I notice that my WP-Cirrus tag cloud widget has stopped working. I have no idea why.

juggledad Dec 17, 2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

the only thing I don't like is the editor. The tabs used to say visual and HTML. now they say visual and text.
uncheck 'Disable the visual editor when writing', no tab shows up to show you what you have selected. Oh well. :p

I think if you are concerned about WP 3.5 issues, you should be monitering the wordpress.org forums.

Quote:

I notice that my WP-Cirrus tag cloud widget has stopped working
I just installed it and it works fine for me - try disabling all your other plugins and see what happens.

Grum Dec 19, 2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 93929)
I just installed it and it works fine for me - try disabling all your other plugins and see what happens.

I tired that but it didn't help, and now I also get an error message from Jetpack saying that the site is not accessible (although it was fine before). Hmmm... I suspect a setting in my Better WP Security module, but what?

juggledad Dec 19, 2012 06:07 AM

did you disable ALL your plugins at the same time and then just enable WP-Cirrus tag cloud?

Grum Dec 19, 2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 93980)
did you disable ALL your plugins at the same time and then just enable WP-Cirrus tag cloud?

Yes, that's exactly what I did. WP-Cirrus still didn't work. I have however managed to get Jetpack working again by re-enabling that plugin before anything else.

juggledad Dec 19, 2012 07:24 AM

odd, that widget works fine for me, what happens if you swap to twenty-twelve and use the widget? does it work then?

Grum Dec 19, 2012 08:35 AM

The same thing happened in twenty-twelve, but then it is OK if I go back to ATA 3.7.7.

Ahhh.. wait a minute. The WP-Cirrus widget is not showing up on the widget page in 3.7.10, and I had mistakenly used the Tag Cloud widget instead, which of course is not the same thing.
I used to just drag the WP-Cirrus widget onto the sidebar, but it doesn't seem to be showing up now?

juggledad Dec 19, 2012 09:12 AM

so are you saying you can't drag the widget to one of the sidebars or thatt you can drag it, but it won't stay in the sidebar.

Grum Dec 19, 2012 09:19 AM

I'm saying that the WP-Cirrus widget completely vanishes from the widgets page when I switch theme to ATA 3.7.10 or twenty-twelve. I even tried dragging it from the sidebar to the inactive widgets area before switching themes, but it even disappears from there.
Very odd.

**update - I just tried completely deleting the plug-in, updating the theme, then re-installing. That seems to have done the trick, and it's working again. Very weird though.
Anyway, thanks for the input, Juggledad - it did get me thinking of things to try.

juggledad Dec 19, 2012 09:20 AM

if you send me a PM with an admin ID/PW i'll take a peek