Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Want to use inline h2, h3, h4 tags in the body text (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=13129)

lmartindesign Mar 3, 2011 08:09 PM

Want to use inline h2, h3, h4 tags in the body text

So I've added display:inline to my h2, h3, h4, h5 tags in the custom css; however when looking at the produced code on the page, wordpress is adding a <br> before the <h2> tag and <p> after. Is there a location that it's hardcoded to remove those defaults? I have no issue with using the inline coding with regular html pages.

this is my code:
Code:

Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the <h2 style="display:inline!important;">LTL Trucking</h2> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.
And what WP generates:
Code:

Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the<br />
<h2 style="display:inline!important;">LTL Trucking</h2>
<p> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.</p>

lmilesw Mar 3, 2011 09:31 PM

Why not just use something like the following?
Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the
HTML Code:

<span style="font-size:24px; font-weight:bold;">LTL Trucking</span> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.

lmartindesign Mar 3, 2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 59687)
Why not just use something like the following?
Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the
HTML Code:

<span style="font-size:24px; font-weight:bold;">LTL Trucking</span> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.

I'm attempting to work in the H tags into the text because the client insists on having those be h tags. The way his site was originally done was that they had h tags with certain key words and commented them out which I can't believe would be good for SEO.

juggledad Mar 4, 2011 06:20 AM

That's something that wordpress is doing. You might want to post this question over at wordpress.org

lmilesw Mar 4, 2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmartindesign (Post 59688)
I'm attempting to work in the H tags into the text because the client insists on having those be h tags. The way his site was originally done was that they had h tags with certain key words and commented them out which I can't believe would be good for SEO.

Actually I think it is bad for SEO as opposed to just being not good.

lmartindesign Mar 4, 2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 59698)
Actually I think it is bad for SEO as opposed to just being not good.

Well yes I agree. Sounds like it's a wordpress limitation and not a theme limitation. Hence why I couldn't find the code to change.

Thanks.