Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Juggledad's custom query template - More Tag Behaviour On The Home Page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19407)

MoriokFutai Jan 21, 2013 07:00 PM

Juggledad's custom query template - More Tag Behaviour On The Home Page

Hi guys,

Can someone help with the following:
- The website is a fresh WP install, with a Fresh copy of Atahualpa, no settings are set apart removing the sidebars from the front page + the settings explained below.
- I installed and configured Juggledad's custom query template for 3 columns
- ATO / Posts & Pages / Configure Excerpts / Posts Or Excerpts on Home Page is set for [i]Full Posts
- in the post Hello world 5 I have a More Tag between the 3rd and the 4th line

Here are the issues I have:
- Although the Homepage excerpts are set to Full Posts - the excerpts in the column only show the number of words set in Excerpts Length
- In Hello world 5 I have a More Tag between the 3rd and the 4th line - even though the settings are Show Full Post (which means it should show the first 3 lines before the MORE TAG) - the post Hello World 5 shows the first 70 words as it is set in Excerpts
- When I add the "posts_above_the_column=1" in Custom Fields, the post above the columns is following the same behavior as the rest of the posts - it's showing the number of words set in excerpts. EX: If the Excerpts Length is set for 70 words, Show Full Post is activated, all the posts will show 70 words including the one above the columns. If my understanding of how this works is good, the way it should be shown is: The first post to be a full post regardless the rest of the settings, the other 5 posts to show only the part before the MORE TAG. - see post excerpts for the post "Hello world 7"

How can this be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

juggledad Jan 22, 2013 08:45 AM

1) go to ato->export/import settings - export your settings and attach them to a reply
2) go to the page you are using the template and do a screen shot of the 'Custom Fields' section of the page and past the picture in the reply

MoriokFutai Jan 22, 2013 11:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Juggledad,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Here you have the requested documents.
- Attachment 2186
- Attachment 2185

juggledad Jan 22, 2013 02:23 PM

I'll take a look later today

MoriokFutai Jan 25, 2013 06:12 AM

Hi Juggledad,

Another strange behavior I observed is the following:

SITUATION:
- Let say I have 10 posts, and in WP / Settings / Reading I set the home page to show only 6 posts
- The rest of 4 posts are shown on the second page (you have to click Older Posts art the bottom of the home page).
- When articles are pushed on the second page, this second page does not retain the mulch-column format, and it shows the articles (in our case the balance of 4 articles) in a blog format (one article per line).

QUESTIONS:
- Was the above intended this way?
- Is there any way to make the second, third pages of the homepage to display in the multi--column format?
- Is there a way to apply the multi format column to all archive pages (category pages, tag pages, custom taxonomy pages, search result pages)?

Thanks in advance

juggledad Jan 25, 2013 04:22 PM

I'll take a look but it may not be till next week.

MoriokFutai Jan 26, 2013 07:03 AM

Thanks,
Later is better than never :)

Also, please remember to check on the more tag issue in the first post.

Thanks in advance,
Have a great weekend.

juggledad Jan 26, 2013 06:41 PM

where are you seeing this issue on your site?

MoriokFutai Jan 27, 2013 09:42 AM

Hi JuggleDad,

Please check the attachment. You can see how excerpts are set for full posts, and how the MORE TAG is inserted in "Hello World 6" and "Hello World 7". Although the settings are there - the excerpts display only the first 40 characters of the post (please note that if I set the excerpts for "0" or blank, no characters will be displayed; if i set it for 5000 the entire post will be displayed).

Print-screen attachment - http://CooliStuff.com/wp-content/uploads/media/BFO-PS-Excerpts-vs-more-tag.jpg

MoriokFutai Jan 31, 2013 11:21 AM

Hi JuggleDad,

Did you have a chance to take a look at this?

Thanks in advance

MoriokFutai Feb 3, 2013 11:58 AM

Hi Guys,

Anybody can please advise on this?
If there is no solution for the reported issues, please at least confirm back, so I can move on with this. I am waiting for a sign on this since 13 days ago, and I need to finish the website one way or another.

Here's a quick recap of the issues:
- http://CooliStuff.com
- On the homepage - the posts display the number of words set in excerpts - instead of showing the stuff above the more tag (please note that the settings are set to display FULL POST)
- The Multi-Post Format is lost when passing to the second page of the homepage (uage of the Older Post button at the end of the homepage)

Thanks in advance

juggledad Feb 3, 2013 12:18 PM

I sent you a PM on Thursday and another on Friday.

If you have a site that must be finished immediately, then I suggest you figure out another way since I will have very little time to dig further into this for a bit, due to a death in the family and impending overdue birth and grandchildren to look after during the birth. Not to mention my paying customers

MoriokFutai Feb 4, 2013 06:34 PM

Hi Juggledad,

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation.
My condolences.

For some reason, the notification emails went to my spam box, and I was not aware of your answer.

Thanks for looking into this.
I really like Atahualpa and your template. You did a great work with it.

I will use a "tweak" for the moment - The Manual Excerpt seems to somehow overpass the issue. It's not the most convenient, but for the moment it'll work as a temporary solution.

Please take your time with your paying customers. As I found this temporary tweak, I can wait until you have the time to look into it.

Thanks again for your help.