Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Images in Configure Header Area causes Bad Request (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21162)

MiaH Nov 19, 2013 11:02 AM

Images in Configure Header Area causes Bad Request

Running WP 3.7.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.12. Brand new install, no plugins yet.

The theme works like a charm, except for the “Style and Edit Head Area”. Whenever I add %image to Configure Header Area or a logo image, saving causes a Bad Request. The problem does not occur if I don’t add either and stick to bars and categories.

The problem occurs both while using the default image folders and when placing the images in a different directory. Image folders are set to 755, image files to 644.

The problem occurs on all my installed browsers, and also from work. I already tried to reinstall both WP and the theme.

Any inputs on a solution on this one? :)

/M.

juggledad Nov 19, 2013 11:49 AM

First I've heard of the is, sounds like something server specific. So when you add %image to the 'Configure Header Area' option and then press save, you get an error…right?

any more info of the error
1 where do you see the message
2) is there anything in the error log?
3) try adding
HTML Code:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
and see if anything shows.

What platform is the server running?
What version of PHP?

MiaH Nov 19, 2013 01:10 PM

Where should I add the debug?

Server is running:
Apache version 2.2.24
MySQL version 5.0.96-community
PHP version 5.3.23

When adding either %image or a logo image, then pressing the save button a blank page with the following text is displayed:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The error log says:
File does not exist: /home/goddesso/public_html/400.shtml, referer: http://www.goddessovdoom.com/wp-admi...hualpa-options

MiaH Nov 19, 2013 01:50 PM

Nevermind about the debug - found it :) The problem remains the same.

juggledad Nov 19, 2013 02:56 PM

All the versions seem fine. Can you check to see if you have 'magic quotes' turned on. you can find this out by editing atahualpa's index.php file (dashboard->appearances->editor) and adding as teh last line
HTML Code:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
view the site and then take that line back out.

MiaH Nov 20, 2013 01:02 AM

magic_quotes_gpc is on.
magic_quotes_runtime and sybase are off.

juggledad Nov 20, 2013 05:17 AM

try turning the magic quotes off

MiaH Nov 20, 2013 11:52 AM

Added magic_quotes_gpc = off; to php5.ini. Magic quotes gpc turned off according to phpinfo, but still getting the error.

Deleted everything including the database, and made a new install with the php5.ini in the root folder of the WP-installation. No effect.

Got the following messages when installing Atahualpa 3.7.12 from the dashboard afterwards, with the debug turned on:

Notice: Undefined index: images_root in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_get_options.php on line 316

Notice: Undefined index: ata_images_dir in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_get_options.php on line 316

Notice: Undefined index: widget_center_top in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_get_options.php on line 316

Notice: Undefined index: widget_center_bottom in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_get_options.php on line 316

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_get_options.php:316) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 899

juggledad Nov 20, 2013 04:06 PM

Go to the new image option and press the 'save', the. Do the same for the center area option. That should get rid of the 'undefined index' messages

see if it fixes the issue

also have you edited any files in the theme or wordpress other than wp-config.php?
Did you add any blank lines to wp-config.php?

MiaH Nov 21, 2013 11:11 AM

Undefined indexes gone.

I have only set the needed usernames and passwords for the DB and the authentication keys in the wp-config.php. No blank lines compared to the wp-config-sample.php.

Otherwise the installation is completely untouched, except for adding and removing the phpinfo to see if the magic quotes were turned off and uploading Atahualpa 3.7.12.

juggledad Nov 21, 2013 11:44 AM

If you send me a PM with an admin ID/pw I'll poke a bit when I get a chance.

MiaH Nov 21, 2013 01:55 PM

I rolled back to Atahualpa 3.6, and the same error still occurs. Apparently it's not a problem with the theme. I never had this problem with earlier versions of neither WP nor Atahualpa.

juggledad Nov 21, 2013 02:07 PM

you could try an install of an older version of WP - create a playsite and try that to see if it is the latest version of WP causing it.

MiaH Nov 21, 2013 02:32 PM

I just did, and what a bunch of fun it was! :p Running WP 3.6 with Atahulpa 3.6 displayed this message at the login screen.

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3012

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-login.php on line 384

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-login.php on line 396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 695

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 696

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 697

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 698

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 699

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 700

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 703

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 704

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 705

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 706

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 709

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 710

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 711

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 712

juggledad Nov 21, 2013 06:09 PM

what happens if you swap to twenty twelve?
try atahualpa 3.7.1

MiaH Nov 22, 2013 08:41 AM

When logging in, the only thing returned was this:

Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3012

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-login.php on line 384

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-login.php on line 396

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 678

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 679

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 680

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3012) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Had to delete Atahualpa 3.6 via ftp to be able to log in. No problems with Twenty Twelve.
Updated to Atahualpa 3.7.1 with WP 3.6. Got the following notice on front page:

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/goddesso/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3012

Update to Atahualpa 3.7.1 with WP 3.6 gives the same notices and warnings as 3.6. Still unable to log in. Update to WP 3.7.1 with Atahualpa 3.7.1 gives the original Bad Request.

juggledad Nov 22, 2013 01:46 PM

I don't know what more to offer. I don't see this problem, no one else has reported it and that leads me to suspect it is something unique about your environment. The only way I could do more is if I was to get into your system and play and that goes beyound free help.

MiaH Nov 22, 2013 02:09 PM

No worries :) Thanks for the help. I'll update if I figure it out.