Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Buttons on options page are not clickable? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19100)

tgelston Dec 11, 2012 02:24 PM

Buttons on options page are not clickable?

1 Attachment(s)
I was forced to upgrade Atahualpa today- went from 3.6.6 to 3.7.10. Almost all aspects of the previous style seemed to carry over just fine but now in the new version when I go to wp-admin/themes.php?page=atahualpa-options and click any of the options it simple doesn't do anything - well, technically it adds a "#" after the link in the URL bar but it does not actually load that page. I attached a screenshot but I am not sure that is helpful. I have tried in the latest version of Chrome and Firefox on a windows PC and latest version of chrome on a mac.

How can I get these to be active again?

Thank you,
Tobias

lmilesw Dec 11, 2012 02:33 PM

Try setting Permalinks to default, save, and then set them back to what you have and save.

tgelston Dec 11, 2012 03:28 PM

It works if I leave permalinks on default. If I switch permalinks back to my preferred setting - Postname it stops working.

lmilesw Dec 11, 2012 03:49 PM

You might want to try reuploading the theme. There may be a corruption.

juggledad Dec 11, 2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

I was forced to upgrade Atahualpa today- went from 3.6.6 to 3.7.10.
may I ask why you were forced? did anything else change at the host?

gr870sfunk Dec 12, 2012 09:02 AM

I am having the SAME ISSUE! I have performed the ATA upgrade (3.7.10) and everything works fine. But once I install the WP upgrade (3.5) I am unable to access any of the options under ATO. This has happened on two sites now and I am wary of doing anymore updates until this is resolved b/c I don't want to it to happen to the rest of my sites. Any thoughts? Please help!!

Thanks!

EDIT: I did as miles suggested and reinstalled the theme, but it still isn't working.

gr870sfunk Dec 13, 2012 01:31 PM

Does anyone have any help with this? I really need to be able to access my CSS on one of the affected sites.

juggledad Dec 13, 2012 02:30 PM

Try changing your permalinks back to the default, save, then back to what you now have

lmilesw Dec 13, 2012 02:50 PM

I had an issue with one of the Jetpack modules. You might want to try deactivating Jetpack if you have it installed.

gr870sfunk Dec 13, 2012 02:57 PM

Thanks for the reply. I did as you instructed Juggle, but to no avail. I still am unable to use ATO. I also deleted the Jetpack plugin (I didn't use it anyway) and then reset the permalinks again and it still isn't working. :(

juggledad Dec 13, 2012 04:57 PM

Any other changes?

You could manually reinstall your prior release in a different folder (see the FAQ forum about updating)

I've got 3.7.10 running with wp35 with no issues.

One more thing, check to see if magic quotes are turned on in your php

gr870sfunk Dec 14, 2012 07:15 AM

Juggle, I've got WP 3.5 and ATA 3.7.10 running on a bunch of other sites and they, too, are working as they should. It's just three of them that seem to be having the problem.

I created a php.ini file with the line: "magic_quotes_gpc = Off" and tried it and then "magic_quotes_gpc = On" and again ATO still isn't working.

juggledad Dec 14, 2012 07:41 AM

it has to be something about the hosts then,
you can check the php settings by editing index.php by changing line 8 from
HTML Code:

<?php /* If there are any posts: */
to
HTML Code:

<?php if ( current_user_can('manage_options') ) { phpinfo(); } ?>

<?php /* If there are any posts: */

then the phpinfo will only show if you are logged in as an admin.

gr870sfunk Dec 14, 2012 09:43 AM

Regarding the hosting: Two sites are with GoDaddy and one is with bluehost, so i don't know how that could be an issue.

Regarding the index.php file: I did as you suggested, but again to no avail.

I have noticed two other little hickups with the dashboard of these three sites. The flyout menu on the lefthand side does not fly-out and the multi-file uploader doesn't work. I have to use the browser uploader. So i'm wondering if something didn't go right when I installed the WP update.

Should I try reinstalling WP? I am willing to do so just as long as I don't lose my settings. Should I download the ATA folder from the server, delete the WP install and then reinstall?

EDIT: Ok I did a server rewind and essentially just started over before any of the updates were done. I updated my plugins and the theme and everything still works. I update WP and I'm back to where I was with no working ATO, media uploader or insert media button (on edit page). So it appears to be something with the WP upgrade...not that i know what though.

juggledad Dec 14, 2012 10:44 AM

The idea of adding the phpinfo() is so you can add it to a site that works and one that does not. Then you can compare the two and see what is different.

gr870sfunk Dec 14, 2012 11:18 AM

I don't understand where I am supposed to look in order to compare a working site with one that isn't. I have changed the index.php to what you suggested on both. I guess I need a little more clarification on the next step. Thanks!

juggledad Dec 14, 2012 11:41 AM

you need to check the values that are returned from both phpinfo()s and see what is different.
There has to be a site/host difference is some setting - php version, magic quotes. I'd veiw the source, copy just the phpinfo() output and put it in a text file for both, then use a program (tewtwrangler on the mac is a good one) to compare the two files. This should lead you to what is different on the different servers the sites are running on.

gr870sfunk Dec 17, 2012 08:32 AM

Ok I think I have found something.

The non-working site (so to speak) has this:
Loaded Configuration File /home/ebeech/public_html/php.ini

While the working site has this:
Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/lib/php.ini

How do I get the non-working site to load the correct file?

PS: they both have the same:
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib

juggledad Dec 17, 2012 09:16 AM

you need to talk to your host tech support about that. It can be different on each host.

gr870sfunk Dec 18, 2012 01:08 PM

Ok so I talked to tech support with one hosting company and I have a ticket in with them. Another hosting company basically told me I don't now enough about WordPress and PHP to know what I'm doing (yeah, they were asses).

I did find out that apparently, it isn't the loaded configuration file that causing the problem.

Is there a way for me to generate or download the ATA settings file w/o being able to do it from ATO? I'd like to try erasing ATA from the server and doing a fresh install, but not at the risk of losing my site.

EDIT: I did another server rewind and updated everything but WP and everything's working fine. I was just going to leave it like this for awhile, but I had a thought. Would doing the WP upgrade thru my host's cPanel make any difference rather than doing it thru the WP dashboard?

juggledad Dec 18, 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

EDIT: I did another server rewind and updated everything but WP and everything's working fine. I was just going to leave it like this for awhile, but I had a thought. Would doing the WP upgrade thru my host's cPanel make any difference rather than doing it thru the WP dashboard?
there could be some permission issues - ie different server users id owning the files.

Make sure you do the Atahualpa export now while you can