Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] In WP MultiSite all icons are missing (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19153)

helga Dec 17, 2012 04:24 PM

[SOLVED] In WP MultiSite all icons are missing

[moderater note] see post #7

On my WP MultiSite setup all the Montezuma Theme icons are missing. That is there are no icons on my two websites (multilanguage) that I am trying to create using WP MultiSite. My Montezuma test setup that I run locally on a VMWare Player using TurnKey WordPress has no problem.

I just updated everything to WP 3.5 but I am not sure if the icons went missing when I did that or if they were already missing. :confused:

Is there some known MultiSite problem that I should be aware of or did this happen with the update?

juggledad Dec 19, 2012 02:47 PM

There does seem to be a problem. I've let the develper know about this.

xenlogic Dec 21, 2012 04:26 PM

@helga:
I had the same issue using the multisite setup, but seem to have found a temporary workaround using the single-site setup version of the Montezuma theme (which, as you suggest, performed the dual-color span tag input correctly). I'm no 'code poet' or anything, but here's what I did:

I backed up then replaced wp-content/themes/montezuma/admin/default-templates/javascript/javascript.js, and the default CSS file wp-content/themes/montezuma/admin/default-templates/css/grids/resp12-px-m0px.css with the code from style.css and javascript.js found in the single-installation wp-content/uploads/montezuma folder.

For me, it appeared to involve being able to write a montezuma theme folder to wp-content/uploads/ - despite already having the necessary permission to do so. See, e.g., starting at line 22 of wp-content/themes/montezuma/functions.php, which looks something like this:

Code:

21        /*************************************************************************
22        Default CSS served INLINE because wp-content/uploads is not writable.
23        This will change once wp-content/uploads is writable
24        **************************************************************************/
25        ';
26                $bfa_css .= implode( '', file( get_template_directory() . "/admin/default-templates/css/grids/resp12-px-m0px.css" ) );
27                foreach ( glob( get_template_directory() . "/admin/default-templates/css/*.css") as $filename) {
28                        $bfa_css .= implode( '', file( $filename ) );
29                }
30                $bfa_css = str_replace( '%tpldir%', get_template_directory_uri(), $bfa_css );
31                $bfa_css = "\n<style type='text/css'>\n" . $bfa_css . "</style>\n";
32        }

And so, for whatever reason, since the theme is not able to write to wp-content/uploads, it uses the CSS and JS from admin/default-templates/. I wonder if it is the Montezuma theme lacking write permissions, or if it has something to do with setting site/theme permissions from the WP "Network Admin" backend?

In any case, hope this helps.

ivanen Jan 10, 2013 09:46 AM

hi
I'm new here. I use also the theme MONTEZUMA (is wonderful) and Wordpress 3.5. When I changed my site to multisite, I have the same issue. Has anyone found a solution to this issue.

Thank you very much

inkdork Jan 27, 2013 08:47 PM

Can you please share the code in the files you mentioned in uploads/montezuma? I have that directory, but its empty.

juggledad Jan 28, 2013 03:58 AM

inkdork - that directory will only be empty if the process running wordpress does not have write access to the directory. You may need to change the file permission to '777'

aidan Feb 27, 2013 08:40 PM

I also had this problem (on WP 3.5.1), but solved it by:
Network Settings -> Upload Settings -> Upload file types: add "css js", making it read something like "jpg jpeg png gif mp3 mov avi wmv midi mid pdf css js"
Then forced generation of the CSS and JS files by simply changing one of the CSS files (e.g. various.css) in [My Site] -> Appearance -> Montezuma Options.
All the best!

maryzaha Feb 27, 2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aidan (Post 97287)
I also had this problem (on WP 3.5.1), but solved it by:
Network Settings -> Upload Settings -> Upload file types: add "css js", making it read something like "jpg jpeg png gif mp3 mov avi wmv midi mid pdf css js"
Then forced generation of the CSS and JS files by simply changing one of the CSS files (e.g. various.css) in [My Site] -> Appearance -> Montezuma Options.
All the best!

You are a genius! Only after I applied what you suggested, did the icons as well as dual colors appear. Thank you for posting your solution, and thanks BytesForAll for this state-of-the-art theme. It is the best I have ever seen, and no paid theme can compare to it.

Note: For this method to work, you must make changes in any of the css files as mentioned above. I am running a multilingual multisite and I wondered why it did not work for one of the sites. Then I realized that I had not made changes in any of the css files. In my case, it did not matter what changes and where I made them, so I think it can be any.
Thanks again!:)