Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [SOLVED] How To Change H1 Tags On Pages - Can't Find Page Template In Code (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12613)

pokepsw Feb 3, 2011 02:20 PM

[SOLVED] How To Change H1 Tags On Pages - Can't Find Page Template In Code

Hi, I have moderate-advanced PHP knowledge and want to change the way H1s are used on the site, specifically on pages.

Currently, there are 2 H1s being called on each page, one for the Title and another that I manually entered into the Page Content box. How can I find the H1 tag in the page code?

Thanks!

pokepsw Feb 3, 2011 02:42 PM

I found this in the options, and the H1 is inside div class="post-headline" but I still don't see the actual place where I can remove the H1

<?php /* For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: */
bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); ?>

<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>

</div><!-- / Post -->

lmilesw Feb 4, 2011 09:15 AM

You can change H1, H2 etc by putting CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts

pokepsw Feb 7, 2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 56950)
You can change H1, H2 etc by putting CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts

Thanks for the reply, but how can we just remove the title all together only on the homepage?

prospercomm.com is the site and we want to remove "Home" from the homepage. Please advise, thanks :)

lmilesw Feb 7, 2011 09:11 AM

If it a single post or static page you can go to the SEO Options in the theme option and turn on Use Post/Page Options then you will have a check box to turn off the title on the post or page. I this is a multi post page you will have to use CSS to turn off the title.

pokepsw Feb 7, 2011 11:19 AM

How can I do it only on the homepage?

lmilesw Feb 7, 2011 11:25 AM

It it's a page you just check the box as mentioned. If it is a multipost page you would use a conditional with the CSS such as
HTML Code:

div#post-682 .post-headline {
display: none;
}

where 682 is the id of your post.

pokepsw Feb 7, 2011 11:29 AM

We're using All In One SEO, but I added embedded style to header w/ the post ID and that worked. Thanks!