Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Remove header image and menu bar from just one page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3123)

tdill Aug 24, 2009 10:56 AM

[SOLVED] Remove header image and menu bar from just one page

How can I remove the header image and page menu bar from just one page? I'm currently using 3.4.2 and I have seen instructions for previous versions...but they do not work. Help please!

juggledad Aug 26, 2009 06:37 PM

you would need to edit bfa_header_config.php and put an "if (is_page('xx'))" where xx is the page id around the code you dont want.

BradBrown Aug 26, 2009 07:15 PM

Couldn't you just use a CSS insert to hide it on that one page?

I'm thinking somethng like this:

body.page-id-XX div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-XX div#menu1 {display: none;}

juggledad Aug 27, 2009 03:46 AM

Brad,
Great call!! don't know where my brain was.:(

tdill,
use Brad's solution - to find the page id, edit the page in question and look at the address of the page - it will be something like
HTML Code:

http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=155
the number at the end (in this case 155) is the page id so you would put this in the ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:

body.page-id-155 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div#menu1 {display: none;}

and this way, when you update the theme to the next release, you won't have to make any change to keep this working (unless of course Flynn decides to change the label page-id :) )

yupyupyup Nov 5, 2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 13488)
Brad,
Great call!! don't know where my brain was.:(

tdill,
use Brad's solution - to find the page id, edit the page in question and look at the address of the page - it will be something like
HTML Code:

http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=155
the number at the end (in this case 155) is the page id so you would put this in the ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:

body.page-id-155 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div#menu1 {display: none;}

and this way, when you update the theme to the next release, you won't have to make any change to keep this working (unless of course Flynn decides to change the label page-id :) )

Just started using this theme and it is awesome. The contents of this post are exactly what I am looking for, but I do not know where to put these CSS inserts. I don't know where ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts_> CSS Inserts is. Is this a file/ folder that comes with the theme or do I have to make this myself. Thanks for the great work that you do.

yupyupyup Nov 5, 2009 07:38 AM

nevermind figured it out!

tagesk Nov 30, 2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBrown (Post 13472)
Couldn't you just use a CSS insert to hide it on that one page?

Excellent - thank you.

Next question: How do I use this technique to remove the bar1 and bar2 which are left somewhat orphaned now that the images is gone?

[TaSK]

juggledad Nov 30, 2009 03:22 PM

to get rid of bar1 and bar2 just take out the %bar1 and %bar2 at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area

tagesk Nov 30, 2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 19864)
to get rid of bar1 and bar2 just take out the %bar1 and %bar2 at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area

OK, sorry, not very precise.

Here is the question again: When I use the trick mentioned here to remove the header image from one single page (front page in this case), how do I remove the bar1 and bar2 on that page (only)?

Thank you for your patience.

[TaSK]

juggledad Nov 30, 2009 04:17 PM

try using this
HTML Code:

body.page-id-155 div.horbar1 {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div.horbar2 {display: none;}

where the 155 will be changed to your page. Note that in the case of the bars, we are using a ',' instead of a '#' because the 'horbar1' and 'horbar2' are classes and the 'imagecontainer is an ID and they are referenced differently.

fretbuzz Dec 9, 2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 19869)
try using this
HTML Code:

body.page-id-155 div.horbar1 {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div.horbar2 {display: none;}

where the 155 will be changed to your page. Note that in the case of the bars, we are using a ',' instead of a '#' because the 'horbar1' and 'horbar2' are classes and the 'imagecontainer is an ID and they are referenced differently.

This is working out very nicely, however, I am not following your comment here. The code you list...I entered it into ATO>ADD HTML/CSS INSERTS and tried various spots, but it didn't work. Might there be a problem with copying the code from here and pasting it? It looks the same. Maybe I am mixed up and it should go somewhere else.

juggledad Dec 9, 2009 03:59 PM

yes, this should go into CSS Inserts. I have had occasions where I copied something and all the spaces were really unprintable characters. Try deleting each space and typing a space in it's place.

fretbuzz Dec 9, 2009 05:21 PM

The bar1 and 2 removes everythng except logo. I am trying to remove the typical RSS stuff (posts-email-comments), the search bar and the [Page Name] text. If I can't remove the RSS stuff from just the one page I at least want to get rid of the page title text.

Any ideas?

juggledad Dec 10, 2009 07:50 AM

this will get rid ofthe logo area including the rss items on the home page, change 'home' to a particular page id like the other examples if you want it on one page
HTML Code:

body.home table#logoarea {display: none;}

fretbuzz Dec 10, 2009 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I apologize, what I meant was the div.post-headline(i think) as seen in the attached screen shot. It says "HOME". This is the title of the page. I cannot get it removed no matter what I try.

Suggestions?

juggledad Dec 10, 2009 03:05 PM

try
HTML Code:

body.home #post-headline {display: none;}

fretbuzz Dec 10, 2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fretbuzz (Post 20616)
I apologize, what I meant was the div.post-headline(i think) as seen in the attached screen shot. It says "HOME". This is the title of the page. I cannot get it removed no matter what I try.

Suggestions?

I have tried that Juggledad, but it doesn't work. I also tried:

body.page-id-xxxxx #post-headline {display: none;}

juggledad Dec 10, 2009 03:28 PM

sorry, it should be a '.' instead of a '#' since 'post-headline' is a CLASS not an ID. Try this
HTML Code:

body.home .post-headline {display: none;}

fretbuzz Dec 10, 2009 05:01 PM

that did it! Thanks!!