Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Logo Help (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=284)

Pam Feb 8, 2009 07:58 PM

Logo Help

My logo .gif is 493 x 159. I tried deleting the huge-logo.gif file, and renaming my logo to that name: huge-logo.gif.

It still shows the old gif! What other areas do I need to change? I have blog title and tagline set to no.

When I view huge-logo.gif from my control panel, it shows my logo, but when I view my site, it shows your old huge-logo.gif.

I changed the height to 200px and still just shows the old logo. :(

ps. Yes, I'm very new and just learning, so your patience is appreciated!

Flynn Feb 8, 2009 08:37 PM

This is what you need to do to show your image

1) Upload your image, i.e. myimage.gif to /atahualpa/images/ so it becomes /atahualpa/images/myimage.gif
2) At Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header -> Show Logo Image? put the file name of the image, in this case: myimage.gif into the input field and click "Save Changes" at the bottom

Both steps are required: Uploading, and telling the theme the file name

Pam Feb 8, 2009 10:26 PM

I've got my image working now, but other errors showed up. :(

You can view them at my site: http://www.wealthywisdom.com

Thanks in advance for helping this noobie! :)

Pam Feb 8, 2009 10:28 PM

Warning: opendir(/home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 34

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 36

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 41

These are the error messages on my site.

Flynn Feb 9, 2009 05:47 AM

It's looking for header images in atahualpa/images/header and not finding any. If you want to turn off header images, remove "%image" from A. Theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header Area so the theme won't search for them anymore

Or, to show header images, upload one or more images to atahualpa/images/header

(I'll update the theme to not show those warnings if it didn't find images)

Rio Mar 23, 2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 1079)
This is what you need to do to show your image

1) Upload your image, i.e. myimage.gif to /atahualpa/images/ so it becomes /atahualpa/images/myimage.gif
2) At Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header -> Show Logo Image? put the file name of the image, in this case: myimage.gif into the input field and click "Save Changes" at the bottom

Both steps are required: Uploading, and telling the theme the file name

I took both these steps and still have the problem of my logo not showing... It shows the broken link image for images.... The huge-logo.gif logo is working fine when I select it but my own logo files dont show. I've tried it in .jpg .gif and .png, nothing seems to work. In my ftp client, I can find my logo in the /atahualpa/images/ directory... What could be the problem?

artca Apr 8, 2009 06:00 PM

I was having the same issue. I did what you outlined Flynn and it worked like it was supposed to... this is a very good program :)

Flynn Apr 9, 2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rio (Post 3463)
I took both these steps and still have the problem of my logo not showing... It shows the broken link image for images.... The huge-logo.gif logo is working fine when I select it but my own logo files dont show. I've tried it in .jpg .gif and .png, nothing seems to work. In my ftp client, I can find my logo in the /atahualpa/images/ directory... What could be the problem?

Make sure you have no space or special characters in the file name or in the atahualpa directory name, or anywhere else in the path to the images