Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GD Star Rating Plugin won't activate with Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3590)

coachjerry Sep 25, 2009 03:04 AM

GD Star Rating Plugin won't activate with Atahualpa

I've been unable to activate the GD Star Rating plugin, version 1.6.4 or later (didn't try earlier GD versions). When I attempt to activate the GD Star plugin with Atalhualpa as my theme I get an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

The plugin will activate with the classic Wordpress theme.

If there's an inherent incompatibility with GD Star, can you suggest another post rating system compatible with Atahualpa?

Flynn Sep 25, 2009 06:25 PM

You may have to refresh your Permalinks settings by clicking on WP -> Settings -> Permalinks -> Save

The WP-Postratings plugin should work

coachjerry Sep 26, 2009 05:35 AM

I'll try that. And I'll look into WP-Postratings too.

coachjerry Sep 27, 2009 07:45 AM

Refreshing permalinks didn't help, so I activated WP-Postratings and that mostly works with this exception:

Pages can't be added or edited when WP-Postratings is active. The area for page information entry is completely blank, and the left sidebar doesn't even show Atahualpa as a theme, as well as all of the other wordpress options that normally show below the Atahualpa options. I can add and edit Pages normally by deactivating WP-Postratings and then activating it again when finished. But I wouldn't want to continue doing this forever.

Flynn Sep 27, 2009 08:18 AM

Try with the Default theme to see if it works there. Try disabling other plugins one by one, perhaps you can track it down to a specific one

coachjerry Sep 28, 2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 15436)
Try with the Default theme to see if it works there. Try disabling other plugins one by one, perhaps you can track it down to a specific one

WP-Postratings works fine with the default theme and all plugins active (see following). I traced the incompatibility down to Atahualpa 3.4.1 with plug-ins SI Captcha, v 1.6.7 or 2.0.1 and WP-Postratings 1.50. Removing either one of the two plugins allows Atahualpa new page editing to work fine, but with either plugin active there's a conflict that prevents editing pages.

AmpLiF1eR Sep 29, 2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachjerry (Post 15249)
I've been unable to activate the GD Star Rating plugin, version 1.6.4 or later (didn't try earlier GD versions). When I attempt to activate the GD Star plugin with Atalhualpa as my theme I get an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

The plugin will activate with the classic Wordpress theme.

If there's an inherent incompatibility with GD Star, can you suggest another post rating system compatible with Atahualpa?

Strange, I'm also using GD Star Rating (1.6.8) with Atalhualpa (3.4.3) without problems.

Gravity Sep 29, 2009 02:55 PM

I used GD Star without a problem too. It's excellent, but my readers didn't vote on anything :(.

rapidlord Oct 4, 2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity (Post 15600)
I used GD Star without a problem too. It's excellent, but my readers didn't vote on anything :(.

Mine is working like a charm Version: 1.6.9.

if your readers dont vote for all your posts, u can start to vote yourself :D

Wimbledon Oct 4, 2009 08:47 PM

Another person here using GD Star Rating successfully with Atahualpa (3.4.2).