Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] Odd page formating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21831)

Marci Mar 19, 2014 12:22 PM

[SOLVED] Odd page formating

Hi!
I'm new to the forum and have searched for this answer, but didn't see anything like this.

I just switched my site to Atahualpa and am working thru many issues. One that I cannot figure out is the page formatting. When I'm editing pages or posts that were created prior to switching themes, the text area run underneath the right sidebar (where it has headers of Publish, Page Attributes, etc.). The page looks fine when viewing the site (www.driftlessprairies.org) and is fine when adding new pages. This causes problems when I need to edit as I cannot access the words that are "under" the right sidebar.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Marci

juggledad Mar 19, 2014 12:58 PM

try disabling all your plugins to see if there is a conflict

Marci Mar 21, 2014 08:38 AM

Thank you for your help. I deactivated them all then reactivated them. Nothing changed.

juggledad Mar 21, 2014 09:21 AM

if you send me a PM with an admin id/pw I'll take a peek

juggledad Mar 21, 2014 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I just took a look and I have no problems. I selected edit for page 'Blue gray Gnatcatcher' and this is what I see
Attachment 2522
Have you tried another browser? I used Safari on a mac.

Marci Mar 21, 2014 02:59 PM

I just tried switching to Chrome and it's still the same problem. I downloaded and switched to Safari and it's still the same problem. When I switched themes, we were using a Mac and I work on a PC. Any chance this could have anything to do with this? I know I'll be editing and it's quite the challenge when I can't get "underneath" that right sidebar. I realize it's difficult for you to troubleshoot when it's working fine on your computer. Not sure what else to do. Any other suggestions?

lmilesw Mar 21, 2014 03:08 PM

What version of Windows and do you have all the latest updates? I don't know this is the problem. Just something to check.

Marci Mar 21, 2014 03:26 PM

I'm running Windows 8 and updates ran just a couple of days ago.

juggledad Mar 21, 2014 03:52 PM

can you post a screen shot of the issue?
Also do you have your brwoser zoom set to normal?

Marci Mar 21, 2014 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Browser zoom is text only -- I don't have a "normal" setting. Here's the attachment: Attachment 2523

Marci Mar 22, 2014 07:42 AM

I don't see my message with the screenshot posted. Was it received? I thought I would retry it but it isn't uploading now. Not sure why, I'm within all the parameters required.

juggledad Mar 22, 2014 09:34 AM

are you SURE you disabled ALL your plugins and then when and edited a page? Because I just disabled one of your plugins and the problem went away. Now you mission is to find out which one it is.

lmilesw Mar 22, 2014 09:36 AM

Do you have an editor plugin installed? I have seen this kind of thing happen when there are too many icons added to a row of the editor.

Marci Mar 22, 2014 09:47 AM

Yes, I did deactivate all the plug ins but I didn't do it one at a time. Just did that...it's the Revolution Slider plug in that causing the format issues. How do I "fix" that?

juggledad Mar 22, 2014 10:26 AM

you will need to talk to the plugin developer - I shut off the tinymce editor and it fixed it so there maybe a conflict between different plugins...

lmilesw Mar 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Again, as I mentioned, check the number of icons you have added to the top row of the editor. Too many icons in a row produces this affect. Here is a screenshot when I added too many icons to a row in the TinyMCE editor.

Marci Mar 22, 2014 02:10 PM

OK -- I got it worked out. It was the Ultimate TinyMCE. The Advanced one works fine. Thanks a bunch for all the help!!

lmilesw Mar 23, 2014 11:56 AM

And Ultimate TinyMCE will work if you don't have too many icons on a row. That is what I use on several sites.