Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Title doesn't show when linking to Facebook (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20566)

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 05:10 AM

[SOLVED] Title doesn't show when linking to Facebook
 
I hope I'm placing this question in the right place.

I'm having trouble when someone links a post in Facebook. The title doesn't show, instead it says "No Title." I had a friend look at the code and he said that it was there. Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it.

The site is www.edthatmatters.com

Peace,
Todd

lmilesw Jun 28, 2013 05:41 AM

Does the same thing happen if you switch to Twenty Twelve?
Does the same thing happen if you deactivate all other plugins?
Have you checked with the plugins author?

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 06:04 AM

Hi Larry,

I'm not posting to Facebook through a plugin. It's just when someone posts a link to Facebook that this happens. I was notified by someone who was trying to post one of the articles and it kept giving them a "No Title" for the title of the article when they put it up on Facebook.

I hope I didn't talk in circles there.

I did try 2010 and it didn't change the "No Title" problem in Facebook.

Todd

lmilesw Jun 28, 2013 06:30 AM

Did you try deactivating all the plugins to test?

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 06:50 AM

I found out that it is the new updated version of Jetpack.

I found info. here -

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/j...n-one-seo-pack

On the Facebook Debugger, the duplicate og: tags have disappeared, but I'm still getting this:

Meta Tags In Body: Your page has meta tags in the body instead of the head. This may be because your HTML was malformed and they fell lower in the parse tree.
Please fix this in order for the tags to be usable.


and

Inferred Property: The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

I'm still getting the "No Title" though.

I don't know why the og:description is an issue, it looks like it is there.

Also, where would I go to change the meta tags in the body to the head?

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 07:58 AM

I can't seem to figure this one out....where would I change the meta tags in the body?

Meta Tags In Body: Your page has meta tags in the body instead of the head. This may be because your HTML was malformed and they fell lower in the parse tree.
Please fix this in order for the tags to be usable.

juggledad Jun 28, 2013 08:31 AM

are you using an SEO plugin? if so, check there

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 09:13 AM

I'm using All in One SEO. I've disabled it and it is still not working. When I try to link a specific post, it gives the general site description. It is so frustrating. I've been searching forums and working on this for 2 hours now. I disabled the plugin, even tried going back to 2010, still nothing.

Most of the info. I find on the internet is a few years old.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

juggledad Jun 28, 2013 10:13 AM

I see no meta tags in the <body>...</body>

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 10:33 AM

I've been able to get the FB debugger to not return any errors now. However, when I link to a specific post, it still just posts the main url and site description.

Someone said that my canonical url is pointing to my main url. However, when I try other sites, it shows the same thing for them, the fetched url is the same as the canonical url.

lmilesw Jun 28, 2013 10:37 AM

To repeat... Did you try deactivating ALL the plugins to test?

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 10:42 AM

Yes I deactivated all the plugins. But it didn't change anything. There is something blocking it somewhere.

lmilesw Jun 28, 2013 12:42 PM

Well I just tried again on Facebook and the title is now showing. Looks like you did something.

Tsepulveda Jun 28, 2013 03:34 PM

I had my og:stuff in the header. Although it looked correctly in the FB debugger, it was causing issues with the posts. After I deleted those and let Jetpack take over AND waited for a while, they started showing up again. However, I had to run some of the specific links through the debugger again for them to work correctly.

The thing that is crazy is that it all worked fine before... Something that updated, I couldn't tell which, caused it to act weird. The other thing though is that it didn't seem to make a difference when I deactivated all the plugins.

Either way it is up again. Hopefully this thread will help someone who might go through the same issue in the future.

Thanks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.