Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   css insert not showing individual posts (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2384)

bushtool Jul 12, 2009 02:54 PM

css insert not showing individual posts

I have styling for a sliding panel in the atahualpa css inserts. It is showing up on my blog home page and subsequent post pages but no on the single post pages.

www.d4v.org - "tab at the top of the page that says 'open'"

bushtool Jul 12, 2009 03:55 PM

lists in widget content indented in ie

Also all of my link lists are indented in IE but not in firefox in 3.4.1. And the spacing between list items is too close. I figured out how to fix the text widgets but not the plugin widgets.

I am going back to atahualpa 333 for now.

juggledad Jul 13, 2009 03:32 AM

is the sliding panel an issue in 333? it seems to be there on all pages, or is it a 3.4.1 problem?

If it is a 3.4 problem, with out the code that creates it, there is no way to check it out unles you swap back to 3.4.x, please use 3.4.2 and set CSS and JS to Internal.

bushtool Jul 13, 2009 08:14 AM

updated to 342

updated to 342. The css for the sliding panel that is in css insert disappears when I make the css "external" rather than "inline".

The left margin problem with IE for the widget styling has gone away but I still cannot figure out how to create a little space between list items in the widgets.

bushtool Jul 13, 2009 08:36 AM

blockquote and images

Also notice that block quotes and images are not playing nice again.

http://www.democracyforvancouver.org...thinks-senate/

the quote ends up below the image rather than to the left.

Flynn gave a fix for this in 333 (delete the clear:both in style.css around line 1028) but not sure how to fix this in 342.

bushtool Jul 14, 2009 10:50 AM

css (external setting only) not working for sliding panel plugin plugin

I figured out the blockquote and image problem - deleted "clear: both" from line 1125 in css.php for version 342 -

so I only have the external css not working for sliding panel in 342 issue left here. And I am probably going to leave the css on internal anyway as I do not see any negligable speed up with external

juggledad - I have 342 loaded with css and js internal,debug is on if you want to take a look. this issue only occurs with external css in 342.

bushtool Jul 14, 2009 11:02 AM

back to 333 again

just noticed my comment form disappears completely with 342 so I have switched back to 333

juggledad Jul 15, 2009 05:07 AM

I see you are not using a standard comment form. How did you set yours up?

bushtool Jul 15, 2009 07:35 AM

not sure what you mean - the comment form is the one in the atahualpa theme.

I've added some plugins such as smilies, subscribe to comments, ajax comment preview and twitter integration. It was working fine except I noticed the comment preview was not working so I uninstalled that. I also noticed that I had not installed the code for "subscribe without commenting" at the bottom of the comment form. Added that and it showed up and was working fine. Shortly after that, the comment form disappeared altogether in 3.4.2. tried removing the subscribe code and plugin but the form still would not reappear. I copied over the original comment.php file from the theme files to no avail.

not sure of the cause so I went back to 333.

bushtool Jul 15, 2009 06:54 PM

maybe I figured out this problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 10325)
I see you are not using a standard comment form. How did you set yours up?

OK, I figured it out. Somehow the bottom navigation code was deleted from index.php and therefore the single post page was not completing its rendering. I do remember changing the option to show navigation on top and bottom for single posts and I think that is when the index.php got messed up.

When I copied the original index.php from the 3.4.2 theme on my harddrive, the comment form reappeared. Even weirder though, the inner sidebar settings changed to show the sidebar even though I had the boxes previously all turned off.

Weird.

I already had three sidebars set up in the footer when I switched to 3.4.2. Perhaps the code for that is conflicting somehow with the new code for the inner sidebars.

Anyway I am back for the time being to 3.4.2 and I'll leave the lower navigation on single posts turned off.

My sliding panel is still off the right side of the page in IE only and the CSS for the sliding panel disappears if I set the CSS to external.