Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Installing & running WordPress (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hi, new and need help with heading and picture..... (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5636)

droopal Jan 31, 2010 10:11 PM

Hi, new and need help with heading and picture.....

Hi I am new to this forum, and hope you can help. I am not a developer, I tend to fiddle and elarn as I go along, but I'm having problems with understand how Atahualpa works, its a bit over my head, but I would like to be able to pick things up, if somebody can help.

I want to remove the picture in the heading, and add one of my own. how do I do that, and what size should it be.

Can somebody help please?

Thank you.

droopal

droopal Jan 31, 2010 10:33 PM

I just realised as well, how do I ad something between the <body> tags, I cant see to find them.

Thank you.

John.

droopal Feb 2, 2010 03:33 AM

Hi, please, is there somebody that can at least point me in some direction, so I can get the two questions sorted, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

juggledad Feb 2, 2010 05:20 AM

The images in the header are automatically pcked up from the files that are stored in the folder'atahualpa/images/header'. You need to put your own images there using an FTP program. At that time, you can delete the existing images.

The size if the image should be the width of your page (or a little bigger) and the height you define for the header image at ATO->Header Image->Header Image: Height

Look at the documentation on the pages and you will learn a lot. Have Fun

droopal Feb 3, 2010 07:06 AM

Hi, thank you for your message.

Problem is as I mentioned, I am having a problem with understanding how that works. I also wondered with the second question I asked about where is the <body> tag, I need to add something inside that, and I cant seem to find it.

juggledad Feb 3, 2010 07:19 AM

1) header images - you need to get an FTP program and learn how to use it. You will use it to connect to your host, navagate to the 'wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header' folder and then remove the images you don't want and upload the images you want.

There are tons of FTP programs so unless ou are using a MAC and get Fetch (the program I use) I can't tell you in more than general terms what to do. (If you want private help, send me a PM and I'll quote you my rates)

2) look at the theme options ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts

droopal Feb 8, 2010 05:34 AM

Hi, sorry to take so long to get back to you, I have been unwell. Thank you for the message.

jack34 Apr 12, 2010 05:52 AM

Sorry to interrupt you both. Actually I am also new to wordpress. I just have a worldpress blog, but never installed any theme, the probably reason is that I do not know how it works and from where to start. Will you please tell me which FTP program should we use to change the images and content? Is there any step by step tutorial of using wordpress themes?

juggledad Apr 12, 2010 06:16 AM

I use a FTP program called 'Fetch', it runs on a Mac. For information about using themes go do some reading at wordpress.org

jack34 Apr 12, 2010 10:31 PM

juggledad thanks for the quick response, but I need to run on Windows.

juggledad Apr 13, 2010 05:21 AM

do a google search with 'windows ftp programs' and you will find dozens - my point was that I can't tell you how to run a program that I don't have, but there are plenty of programs you can use.

You might even check with your host's cpanel and see if it has a built in file manager/ftp program