Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] The Atahualpa blank page for dummies (or at least this one) (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12923)

nickhazlewood Feb 21, 2011 05:05 PM

[SOLVED] The Atahualpa blank page for dummies (or at least this one)

Apologies in advance - my first post and I know there's already a thread on this.

I have just spent a week finally getting round to tidying up my wordpress website properly. Having finished it I was tinkering with it when I noticed the suggestion that I upgrade the Atahualpa theme.

I did this and bang! all of my pages duly disappeared. My heart sank through my slippers.

I am really new at this and have tried to read the pre-existing thread on the problem, but in truth am having trouble understanding it.

Is there an easy trick for going back to where I was just minutes ago? Could I, for example, press the restore buttons on each of the pages to get back to the earlier version? Or should I just give up now, forget my website and stick to what I'm good at... whatever that is.

Again apologies for starting a new thread on this, and thanks for any help.

nick

nickhazlewood Feb 21, 2011 05:45 PM

Just to emphasise my lack of knowhow, I could paste in the suggestion

php_value suhosin.executor.include.whitelist bfa://

into my .htaaccessfile but I don't know where I find that. Is it somewhere under theme editor?

lmilesw Feb 21, 2011 05:50 PM

This is most likely the Suhosin issue. You could try the following
If that fixes it your done if not you could try the following
  • Download Atahualpa 3.5.3 from wordpress.bytesforall.com
  • Unzip
  • Upload the atahualpa353 folder to the themes directory via FTP (you will now have an atahualpa folder and an atahualpa353 folder
  • Activate Atahualpa 3.5.3
For a more complete description of this process you can read this thread. If you did an automatic upgrade you will have lost your header, logo, and custom favicon images. To prevent issues in the future it is recommended you use this manual upgrade procedure. It is a bit more work but you can always go to the previous version if something is quite right.

You should have seen a warning when upgrading.

lmilesw Feb 21, 2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickhazlewood (Post 58630)
Just to emphasise my lack of knowhow, I could paste in the suggestion

php_value suhosin.executor.include.whitelist bfa://

into my .htaaccessfile but I don't know where I find that. Is it somewhere under theme editor?

You put that in the .htaccess file. There may be one already there or you may have to create one. If you are editing one that is already there it is advised to make a copy in case your edit doesn't work.

You could also try the php.ini route

nickhazlewood Feb 21, 2011 06:23 PM

Many thanks Larry... having already found the .htaaccessfile whilst looking for an answer, I know that doesn't work.

So I followed your suggestion of uploading atahualpa353. However when I came to activate it I couldn't because I got the following message:

Broken Themes
The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
atahualpa353 Stylesheet is missing.

Does this ring any bells [alarm bells?]

nick

juggledad Feb 21, 2011 06:52 PM

It sounds like you didn't upload all the files in the theme. Do this use FTP to access the theme folder, you should see these folders:
HTML Code:

functions
images
js
options
styles

and these files
HTML Code:

atahualpa.pot
GPL.txt
README.txt
screenshot.png
comments-paged.php
comments.php
css.php
download.php
dump.php
footer.php
functions.php
header.php
index.php
js.php
legacy.comments.php
searchform.php
style.css
upload.php
atahualpa.mo

if you don't then something failed in your upload and I'd do it ALL again in case some of the folders didn't completely upload their contents

nickhazlewood Feb 22, 2011 02:25 AM

Thanks again, much appreciated. As it happens unbeknown to me until last night a spammer in Poland has been sitting on my website, munching his way through my bandwidth. So now my site has gone down anyway, but I will try your suggestion and let you know how it goes.

Nick

nickhazlewood Feb 22, 2011 03:48 AM

They gave me some temporary extra bandwidth... and I just wanted to say many thanks: it works!

Nick