Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Atahualpa Theme Options page won't show properly in anything newer than version 3.7.7 (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19988)

asellon Mar 25, 2013 02:58 PM

Atahualpa Theme Options page won't show properly in anything newer than version 3.7.7

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out: Each time I try to update Atahualpa to anything newer than version 3.7.7, I find that the Atahualpa Theme Options page won't render properly; I get a bare-bones version of the main layout, but none of the frames, and cannot access any of the theme option pages to edit them. The menu words on the left aren't clickable. This has happened to me with the last couple of versions of WordPress. I just updated to the latest WP version today, and tried Atahualpa 3.7.9 and then 3.7.11, but have the same issue with both.

Can anyone tell me if there's some other setting I should be changing, or if this is a known bug? I don't see anyone else in the Forum listing this issue, so I'm thinking it's something unique to my setup, but I don't know what that could be.

My host is 1and1.com, and this issue has been a problem running on both PHP 5.2 and now as of today, PHP 5.4.

Can anyone help? I'd really like to keep my Atahualpa up-to-date, but need to be able to access the Theme Options pages to make that worthwhile.

Thanks!:confused:

juggledad Mar 25, 2013 03:13 PM

Haven't heard of this. In 3.7.7 go to ato->export/import and export your settings and attach them to a reply

asellon Mar 25, 2013 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! Hope you're doing well. :-) Okay, this is the settings from my 3.7.7 install, which works perfectly. Do you want the same from the 3.7.11 version? I always do my updates manually, per your recommendation.

juggledad Mar 25, 2013 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
try this,
1) do a database backup
2) swap to 3.7.11
3) import the attached file
if it doesn't work, press the grey 'Reset ALL theme options' and then do the import again.

asellon Mar 25, 2013 04:48 PM

Well, I think I did as you instructed. I did a DB backup. I then pasted the contents of the file version you posted into the box on the Theme Options page, and then clicked the Import Settings button. Nothing happened. I then pressed the button (not gray, because nothing is rendering properly in 3.7.11's Options pages, but it said "Delete bfa_ata4" and the line above it said "Warning: This will reset all theme options." I pressed that button, but again apparently nothing happened. I tried clicking the Import Setting button again, but basically what I've got in front of me is one long screen with ALL of the options pages content listed on it in one big scrolling mess, and none of the buttons or left menu links seems to actually be functional.

Any other ideas? If you need to take a look, you can email me at andrewsellon@verizon.net and I can give you the login info. Happily, at least on the front end, my site still renders properly for visitors. I just can't change any of the Atahualpa Theme Options unless I refert to 3.7.7....

Actually, I've just noticed that my Portfolio Slideshow Pro plugin doesn't seem to run properly in 3.7.11, either. It worked fine in 3.7.7.

Thanks again,
Andrew

peterkinvara Mar 29, 2013 09:22 AM

Hello I've had the exact same problem with Atahualpa Options page not showing properly. I tried with versions 3.7.10 and 37.11 ,both in a local set up using XAMPP and on my usual server, with Wordpress 3.5.1. When I tried version 3.7.6 everything was fine. strange thing is I set up a site last week using 3.7.10 and same Wordpress version and with same provider and I had no problem.

juggledad Mar 29, 2013 09:58 AM

Check to see if you are running out of memory on the server

Dorothea Apr 30, 2013 11:21 AM

I just now had this problem updating from 3.7.11 to 3.7.12 on one of my live sites.

While trying to recreate the problem by updating on my "testing" domain I realized that I had a space in the directory title for the theme (in the unzipped copy on my hard drive). I always add the version number to the directory and this time had added a space between Atahualpa and 3712...
"Atahualpa 3712" rather than "Atahualpa3712".
This recreated the problem and removing the space fixed it.

I found the thread while doing my first trouble shooting—hope this helps someone out there.

peterkinvara Apr 30, 2013 01:28 PM

Thanks for that Dorothea, it makes sense now!

Dorothea Apr 30, 2013 03:59 PM

You are welcome peterkinvara. I'm delighted to be able to give some help back to this community that has helped me so many times!