Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My Atahaulpa installation is broken (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5858)

BigEd76112 Feb 12, 2010 05:24 PM

My Atahaulpa installation is broken

I used local hosting at hostgator before I moved my domain to create a new site that would work when I finally was ready to change the name servers. The techs helped with PHPMyAdmin and wordpress loaded and worked fine. Yesterday, I changed the name servers finally and the relative addressing was changed in PHPMyAdmin.

This has caused havoc.

My theme picked up something from being built with local references and the site went in the toilet.
I figure it is my atahaulpa theme because if I change themes, it looks really crappy but the pages work, but in Aatahaulpa the pages will not load and I get the following error...
Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_page_links('Top'); ?>
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/james7/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(478) : eval()'d code on line 2
Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_post_links('Middle'); ?> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_post_links('Bottom'); ?> Archives Pages: */ bfa_archives_page('
','
'); ?> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_page_links('Bottom'); ?>
This is a global error. Every page every time. I can build a new page- it shows up in the menu but never shows and still breaks with this same error code.

I am reluctant to delete and reload the theme as I figure I will lose my finely tuned theme and I read some very bright guy's notes on exporting from an sql server and I would manage that about as well as I would manage dunking a basketball.

any suggestions? easy solutions preferred :-)

paulae Feb 12, 2010 05:31 PM

Did you export/import your database? Your theme options should be saved there and should be available.

BigEd76112 Feb 12, 2010 07:34 PM

Well it wasn't any problem with Atahaulpa so I can just avoid the murky waters of import and export of SQL files.
Of course, I still don't have my problem solved but that is another thread.

thanks for the help, Paulae

juggledad Feb 13, 2010 04:16 AM

did you make any changes to any of the options in ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN? The message
HTML Code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
/home/james7/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(478) :
eval()'d code on line 2

indicates that function.php is running and line 478 is processing the 'center content' and is evaluating the code in one of thoes areas. Line 2 of the code has an error, probably a missing quote or $ or = or ).

If you can't figure it out, copy and past each of the three areas ('Content ABOVE the LOOP', 'The LOOP' and 'Content BELOW the LOOP') and I'll take a look.