Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   ThemeFrame Presales (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Looks good, but product marketing is poor. (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10465)

Raf Oct 19, 2010 02:37 AM

Looks good, but product marketing is poor.

While ThemeFrame looks promising, I'm finding it very frustrating trying to locate any details or answers to simple questions. The only public information on this product is a single web page with scant information and two buttons; "Ask Questions" which links to this forum, and "View Video" which is a poorly made screen cast.

There is no centralized location where everything is explained, where screenshots can be found, a FAQ or a wiki, no "getting started" or list of features. Judging from the amount of users who posted their problems just trying to locate where to download this after paying the $80 donation, I wonder if customer support will exist at all. I read that the "beta" price kept increasing with new releases. Beta price increases? Not a good sign.

Maybe this is the best WYSIWYG template builder for WordPress. But how do I know it won't be obsolete with the next version of WP? Building a great software product isn't enough. You need to present it (with more than a static single web page), support it (more than relying on a forum), and market it (more than hawking a price increase after beta testing). Most of all, you need to convince developers, like myself, that this product is worthy of my hard-earned cash before I risk taking a chance.

Flynn, please get your marketing act together before you launch this as a viable product. Doing this will increase "donations" and give us some confidence you'll be around to update WP 4.0. Thanks.

Flynn Oct 20, 2010 02:18 PM

Right now ThemeFrame isn't marketed much yet, on purpose. The better the product gets the more marketing there will be. It is not as slick, self explanatory, etc. as I want it to be, and that is why it is still called "Beta". I understand that there needs to be more documentation. It is in the works, until recently I hesitated to do too much documentation yet because the code (and usage) of ThemeFrame was still changing too much.

Regarding whether I'll be around. I've been around for a while now in the WP theme world (with "Atahualpa" and a few other themes before) and will be around for the foreseeable future.

P.S.: I don't find it too hard to find the downloads. Some confusion may stem from the fact that some Paypal payments aren't coming in through the regular payment links but as donation which we need to add manually. This will be changed once the Beta stage is over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raf (Post 46637)
While ThemeFrame looks promising, I'm finding it very frustrating trying to locate any details or answers to simple questions. The only public information on this product is a single web page with scant information and two buttons; "Ask Questions" which links to this forum, and "View Video" which is a poorly made screen cast.

There is no centralized location where everything is explained, where screenshots can be found, a FAQ or a wiki, no "getting started" or list of features. Judging from the amount of users who posted their problems just trying to locate where to download this after paying the $80 donation, I wonder if customer support will exist at all. I read that the "beta" price kept increasing with new releases. Beta price increases? Not a good sign.

Maybe this is the best WYSIWYG template builder for WordPress. But how do I know it won't be obsolete with the next version of WP? Building a great software product isn't enough. You need to present it (with more than a static single web page), support it (more than relying on a forum), and market it (more than hawking a price increase after beta testing). Most of all, you need to convince developers, like myself, that this product is worthy of my hard-earned cash before I risk taking a chance.

Flynn, please get your marketing act together before you launch this as a viable product. Doing this will increase "donations" and give us some confidence you'll be around to update WP 4.0. Thanks.

mishagos Oct 26, 2010 12:54 PM

all good. it's beta. we can deal.