Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   [SOLVED] Just updated Montezuma theme - CSS or layout changed? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21533)

claidig Feb 21, 2014 02:11 AM

[SOLVED] Just updated Montezuma theme - CSS or layout changed?

Not sure where my first post went but trying again...

I haven't been working on my wordpress site for quite some time (around a year) and tonight I logged in to do some updates.

I did the main WP update with no problem...then proceeded with the Montezuma theme update...unfortunately I didn't backup my image files and now many of the files that my CSS calls are gone...no longer on my server and of course I had reformatted my harddrive a couple months ago due to major crash.

Is there anyway of getting these files back via this theme? I had no idea they would be removed when an update was done..I know about over writing but since the files were uniquely named I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Looks like Chrome doesn't have a cache like IE uses so I can't even get the images that way...ugh!

Thank you.

juggledad Feb 21, 2014 04:32 AM

1) Please don't double post. due to the high volume of spam, there is software that is holding some post/threads for moderation. Yours (for what ever reason) was one of them. Now I have to go delete the other one and that takes a little time. So if you post and it doesn't show up, give it sometime before asking about it or reposting. Thanks.

2) As long as your images weren't in the theme folders, they should still be available. If, however, you put them in the theme folder and did a WordPress automatic theme upgrade, then they are gone. WordPress deletes the entire content of a theme's folder when doing the update.

3) Remember this mantra: 'backup, backup, backup…' there are plugins out there that can do it automatically - I use a paid one called BackupBuddy for my customers.

claidig Feb 22, 2014 03:11 AM

Yes I am sorry about the double post..it was completely unintentional...and I almost posted a third time to tell you that but thought not too..lol
I had just spent hours in front of this screen searching through hard drives etc. and did not see the message about posts being held until I re-posted..I really thought I was losing my mind when I couldn't find my original post..and when I slowed down the second time and saw the the message I felt a bit better...sorry again for that.

As for the problem with the missing images..I really have some more learning / catching up to do on this Montezuma theme and wordpress it seems...I am basically starting my learning curve over right now so to be honest I had no idea where I had stuck the images or what would happen but now you shed some light on that and I will know going forward again...thank you.
Dreamhost actually has a nightly backup thing which saved me this time..but once I get this site cleaned up again I will be backing, backing backing...lol

Thank you for your time.