Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Montezuma Tag Line Color Change (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21154)

OneCraftyB Nov 18, 2013 11:12 AM

Montezuma Tag Line Color Change

I have tried changing the color of my tagline from the defaulted black to any other color, and it won't budge. I downloaded firebug like recommended in previous posts, I can add it as a rule there, see the change made on the preview of my page, but once refreshed it's right back to black again. Same thing with the header on my page. I have tried to delete it and do not know where I can do this in CSS, have only been able to do it through firebug. Please help, I am very new to all of this and am very frustrated.

juggledad Nov 18, 2013 11:31 AM

What is the URL?

OneCraftyB Nov 18, 2013 11:34 AM

http://www.onecraftyb.com/

juggledad Nov 18, 2013 12:28 PM

What is the CSS you are using and in what CSS File are you putting it in?

OneCraftyB Nov 18, 2013 12:36 PM

I'm using CSS Files in Montezuma Options. I have literally gone through every color in all the files, there is no code for black anywhere, yet it is still showing up black??

juggledad Nov 18, 2013 02:53 PM

did you look at mto->CSS Files->various.css->#tagline?

You might want to remove the line
HTML Code:

http://www.onecraftyb.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=montezuma&settings-updated=true#
just before it - it's not valid CSS and is probably causing the remaining CSS to be ignored.

OneCraftyB Nov 18, 2013 05:28 PM

Thank you so much!! Why is it put in there if it will only cause that issue?

juggledad Nov 18, 2013 06:26 PM

It's not in any site I've ever seen except yours….

OneCraftyB Nov 19, 2013 04:00 PM

So weird! Thank you for your help!

OneCraftyB Nov 20, 2013 12:07 PM

Sorry to bother you again, but now I am having issues changing my widget icons. I am obviously confused, because it is doing everything but what I want it to do. What I would really like to do it add my own icon that I have edited in GIMP. Please help!

CrouchingBruin Nov 21, 2013 09:07 AM

It looks like you removed the CSS for the widget icons. The default code looks like this:
Code:

.widget > h3 i {
        display:                        inline-block;
        width:                                24px;
        height:                                24px;
        margin-right:                15px;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        background-image: url( /wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/icons.png );
}

And then, depending upon which icon you want to use, you should have a couple of lines of CSS for each widget that look like this:
Code:

.widget_recent_comments > h3 i        { background-position: -120px -72px }
.widget_recent_comments:hover > h3 i        { background-position:  -96px -72px }

I don't see any of that in your CSS file, it looks like you stripped it out of your widgets.css file.

OneCraftyB Nov 22, 2013 05:08 AM

I did remove it because I only made it worse the more I tried to fix it. I want to add my own icon though.

juggledad Nov 22, 2013 06:08 AM

did you read the on screen documentation? (Using Menu Icons)

CrouchingBruin Nov 22, 2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneCraftyB (Post 104937)
I did remove it because I only made it worse the more I tried to fix it. I want to add my own icon though.

Well, OK, if you remove the CSS rules for displaying icons, then of course you're not going to see them.

Start by copying and pasting these default rules back into widgets.css:
Code:

/* Global widget title icon */
.widget > h3 i {
        display:                        inline-block;
        width:                                24px;
        height:                                24px;
        margin-right:                15px;
        background-color: #ffffff;
        background-image: url( %tpldir%/images/icons.png );
}

/* Individual widget title icons */
.widget > h3 i                                                { background-position: -120px -216px }
.widget_archive > h3 i                                { background-position: -120px -24px }
.widget_tag_cloud > h3 i                        { background-position: -120px 0px }
.widget_recent_comments > h3 i        { background-position: -120px -72px }
.widget_links > h3 i                                { background-position: -120px -96px }
.widget_pages > h3 i                                { background-position: -120px -120px }
.widget_recent_entries > h3 i        { background-position: -120px -144px }
.widget_meta > h3 i                                        { background-position: -120px -192px }
.widget_categories > h3 i                        { background-position: -120px -168px }

/* Individual widget title icons, when the parent .widget is hovered */
.widget:hover > h3 i                                                { background-position: -96px -216px }
.widget_archive:hover > h3 i                                { background-position:  -96px -24px }
.widget_tag_cloud:hover > h3 i                        { background-position:  -96px 0px }
.widget_recent_comments:hover > h3 i        { background-position:  -96px -72px }
.widget_links:hover > h3 i                                { background-position:  -96px -96px }
.widget_pages:hover > h3 i                                { background-position:  -96px -120px }
.widget_recent_entries:hover > h3 i        { background-position:  -96px -144px }
.widget_meta:hover > h3 i                                        { background-position:  -96px -192px }
.widget_categories:hover > h3 i                        { background-position:  -96px -168px }

Then tell us where you uploaded your modified icon file, or what you renamed it to.