Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help in find some code in ATA for analytics. (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19649)

sleenie Feb 17, 2013 07:17 AM

Need help in find some code in ATA for analytics.

Hi,

I have a site called Hoffbrau Steaks. At one time an outside company setup their mobile site and had me put in code for them in the header.

I have re-done the site and also re-did their mobile which is working just fine. Set up analytics also. When I removed the code it seems that the analytics for the other company stopped, just as it should be. But for some reason they seem to be collecting again, and they set up the client as a user only so we cannot delete the profile.

I know we can contact them and have them delete the profile but that still eaves me with code in there. I've tried to look but cannot find it. Where would I look? I'm at a loss as to where to look next.

Any ideas?

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 10:18 AM

Did you do all the work?
don't forget to shutoff your caching plugin and flush the caches when making changes.

what is the code that is doing the tracking?

sleenie Feb 17, 2013 10:51 AM

Yes, I did all of the work. I wasthe one who entered the code when they were doing the mobile piece of the site.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I've also cleared the cache mutiple times.

The incorrect one is UA-15021865-2 from a company called Zipscene.

The correct one is also doing the collection.

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 11:13 AM

did you check all the plugins?

sleenie Feb 17, 2013 11:53 AM

Yep...no Google Analytics plugs and I've deactivated all and started each one at a time...in fact twice. Even did a Search and Replace. Went into cPanel and did a search on all files for the company name AND the google UA code.

juggledad Feb 17, 2013 01:13 PM

where are you seeing the UA-15021865-2?

sleenie Feb 17, 2013 06:53 PM

Actually, that's the problem. That's the account that is still collecting data and I cannot find the code anywhere that would allow it. I deleted it well over2 weeks ago, things were fine and then all of a sudden it started again. We've requested that the other company delete the account, but it's driving me crazy as to how it is even happening.

My next step is Google. I just thought maybe I was missing something in ATA. Something has to be there for the acct to be collecting data.

rickheck Feb 17, 2013 07:48 PM

Using your host file manager, or a FTP program, look at the root folder of your site for any extra files. Also look in ATA CSS/HTML inserts for code in the header block.

YOu could also disable all of your plugins en-mass by renaming the plugins folder. That might screw up your site, so may not be advised.

You could also reinstall the current version of WordPress, which will overwrite any customizied files, so be aware of that issue.

..Rick..