Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to Add Zebra Effect to Single Table with WP Table-Reloaded Plugin (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8638)

c12281 Jul 31, 2010 10:20 PM

How to Add Zebra Effect to Single Table with WP Table-Reloaded Plugin

I have installed the WP Table-Reloaded plugin. I have a need for some tables to be zebra-striped. I set the default to NO in the Atahualpa Table options since not all tables will be striped. WP Table-Reloaded provides an option to zebra stripe tables individually but this option does not work. Have a feeling the Atahualpa setting is overriding it. On the Atahualpa Table options page, the following code is provided to stripe tables individually: <table class = "zebra"> ... </table>. Being new to all of this, I am not sure exactly where to put this code. WP Table-Reloaded has a CSS options page. Here is an example of how to adjust column width for a table. How would I apply the zebra code referenced above, using this format? Thanks!

}
.wp-table-reloaded-id-14 .column-1 {
width: 470px;
}

lmilesw Aug 1, 2010 06:43 AM

Have you tried adding a class of zebra to the table as mentioned next to where you set zebra stripe to no in the theme options? Here is the text from ATO>Style TABLES>Zebra stripe all tables?
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Add a different style to every second row in all tables in posts and pages? Alternatively, set this to "No" and add the class zebra to individual tables that you want to zebra stripe.

Example:
<table class="zebra"> ... </table>

c12281 Aug 1, 2010 08:07 AM

I'm so new to this Larry. That's my question. I'm not sure where to put <table class="zebra"> ... </table> I tried cutting and pasting that exact code and put it into the html of the page following the table and it didn't work. Is that what I'm supposed to do?

Have you tried adding a class of zebra to the table as mentioned next to where you set zebra stripe to no in the theme options? Here is the text from ATO>Style TABLES>Zebra stripe all tables?
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Add a different style to every second row in all tables in posts and pages? Alternatively, set this to "No" and add the class zebra to individual tables that you want to zebra stripe.

Example:

lmilesw Aug 1, 2010 08:22 AM

I hadn't looked at Table Reloaded in awhile. You will have to play with the options. Try unchecking the Default and Custom CSS boxes in the setting to see if that let's Atahualpa use it's settings is one suggestion.

c12281 Aug 1, 2010 10:43 AM

Yes, I did uncheck the boxes in WP-Table-Reloaded so that the ATO would take precedence. Just not sure where to put the line:

Do I need to change anything in that code line? Where does it go???

lmilesw Aug 1, 2010 11:34 AM

With those unchecked did you then set the Ata settings to yes on the zebra stripe?

c12281 Aug 1, 2010 01:29 PM

No, because I do not want all tables to be striped. Most will not be striped...

lmilesw Aug 1, 2010 03:33 PM

Now I understand. I will look at Tables reloaded again

lmilesw Aug 1, 2010 03:53 PM

After installing Table Reloaded you should have a tables button in the visual editor to add a regular table. Play around with that. You can add a regular table with that button and set a class as in the example by using the WP HTML editor.

There is also a Table button in the HTML editor but that is for adding the Tables Reloaded shortcode.