Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [SOLVED] Page Navigation Issues (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2840)

Zeus Aug 6, 2009 12:06 AM

[SOLVED] Page Navigation Issues

Dear Flynn,

Thank you for providing such a great theme. Need some assistance from your goodself or experts out there, I have recently tried using a plugin by Lester Chan, WP-Page Navi.

Unfortunately, the page navigation shows out twice near the footer of my site: http://www.genlifeblog.com/.

Have read some threads about the plugin in this forum and understand that the plugin should work fine together with Atahualpa theme.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

juggledad Aug 6, 2009 04:04 AM

Where did you insert the plugin code into Atahualpa?

Zeus Aug 6, 2009 08:26 AM

Dear juggledad,

Thank you for your quick response. I have inserted the codes into footer.php, line 2 before the paragraph.

Hope to hear from you.

<!-- Footer -->
<td id="footer" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">

<?php if(function_exists('wp_pagenavi')) { wp_pagenavi(); } ?>
<p>
<?php echo bfa_footer($bfa_ata['footer_style_content']); ?>
</p>
<?php if ($bfa_ata['footer_show_queries'] == "Yes - visible") { ?>
<p>
<?php echo $wpdb->num_queries; ?><?php _e(' queries. ','atahualpa'); ?><?php timer_stop(1); ?><?php _e(' seconds.','atahualpa'); ?>
</p>
<?php } ?>

<?php if ($bfa_ata['footer_show_queries'] == "Yes - in source code") { ?>
<!--
<?php echo $wpdb->num_queries; ?><?php _e(' queries. ','atahualpa'); ?><?php timer_stop(1); ?><?php _e(' seconds.','atahualpa'); ?>
-->
<?php } ?>

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

</td>
<!-- / Footer -->

juggledad Aug 6, 2009 10:33 AM

what options do you have set for PageNavi? Please list them all

Zeus Aug 8, 2009 03:05 AM

Dear juggledad,

The various options are as follows:

Page Navigation Text
Text For Number Of Pages - Page%CURRENT_PAGE% of %TOTAL_PAGES%
%CURRENT_PAGE% - The current Page Number
%TOTAL_PAGES% - The total number of pages

Text For Current Page - %PAGE_NUMBER%
%PAGE_NUMBER% - The page number

Text For Page - %PAGE_NUMBER%
%PAGE_NUMBER% - The page number

Text For First Post - &laquo; First

Text For Last Post - Last&raquo;

Text For Next Post - &raquo;

Text For Previous Post - &laquo;

Text For Next...

Text For Previous...

Page Navigation Options

Page Navigation Style - Normal

Number of pages to Show? - 5

Always Show Page Navigation? - No

Number of Larger Page - 0
Larger page numbers are in additional to the default page numbers. It is useful for authors who is paginating through many posts.

Show Larger Page Numbers In Multiples - 0

Thank you!

juggledad Aug 8, 2009 04:13 AM

what version of Atahualpa are you running?
if its 2.4.x - what do you have at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Bottom?
did you put '<?php if(function_exists('wp_pagenavi')) { wp_pagenavi(); } ?>' there in addition to in footer.php?

if so, this would cause exactly the issue you are having. The placement in footer.php will put the navi display after the last post - above the footer of the page area, while the occurance in 'ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Bottom?' will put it in the footer of the page area.

Zeus Aug 8, 2009 09:05 AM

Dear juggledad,

Thank you for your clear explanation. I am currently using version 3.3.3 and did not insert the same codes via ATO HTML/CSS Inserts, I have inserted only in footer.php.

I have managed to resolve this issue by removing '<?php if(function_exists('wp_pagenavi')) { wp_pagenavi(); } ?>' from footer.php and now everything seems to work fine.

I have since made a donation. Hope you do not mind but I have an additional question:

When upgrading to a later version of Atahualpa, I have always maintained the previous version (in this case is 3.3.2) and theme folder.

1) If I will to delete the previous folder (3.3.2) now, will this affect any of my past ATO settings?

2) During the time when I was using version 3.3.2, I have placed the same set of wp_pagenavi codes in footer.php (codes still exist in footer.php of 3.3.2). Does this have any effects if I will to place similar codes in footer.php (of 3.3.3)?

Thank you!

juggledad Aug 8, 2009 11:35 AM

You can think of Atahualpa as having two parts: the CODE, and your SETTINGS. The code sits in the ataahualpa folder in the themes folder. Yoou can have multiple themes or copies of a theme in the themes folder. For example, I have
wp-content
--themes
---atahualpa32
---atahualpa333
---atahualpa340
---atahualpa341
---atahualpa342

each of the themes folders is a seperate entity. if you make code changes to a theme, it will only effect the execution when that theme is active, so changes I make to the atahualpa code in the atahualpa333 folder, will have no effect if I activate teh 342 version of the theme. If I switch back to the 333 version, then the code changes will be in effect.

The SETTINGS are stored in the wordpress daatabase in the wp_options table. This table holds lots of options from themes, plugins and wordpress itself. Swapping versions of the theme won't effect the options, each version of the theme will use the same options (unless you go from a newer release to an older release and there is an option that the older release didn't know about.) This is why you can switch to the default theme and then back to atahualpa and your options still exist.

Most themes do not remove their settings even when you delete the theme, they are still there in the database.

Hope this answers your questions and thanks for the donation.

Zeus Aug 9, 2009 09:15 AM

Dear juggledad,

Once again, thank you for your detailed explanation. I have managed to learn a lot from your replies.

Keep it going!

Cheers.:)