Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Plugins & Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   W3 Total Cache not working in wordpress 3.5.2 and Atahualpa (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20556)

joshuamu Jun 26, 2013 03:25 AM

W3 Total Cache not working in wordpress 3.5.2 and Atahualpa

W3 Total cache is not working in wordpress 3.5.2 and atahualpa. When i install and configure it, pages do not load or brings an 400 or 500 error. After research i have found that this is a problem facing many webmasters. If there anyone using wordpress and Atahualpa and they are working correctly? How have you done it.

juggledad Jun 26, 2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

After research i have found that this is a problem facing many webmasters
can you point to some of this research?
who is your host?
what is the url?
what version of atahualpa?
have you asked your host about the 500's?
how much memory does your host provide?

zingo5 Jun 26, 2013 08:38 AM

I had to switch one site over to wp-supercache but it wasn't Atahualpa, it was a conflict with another plugin that was needed on the site.

joshuamu Jun 26, 2013 01:47 PM

I am running the latest version of atahualpa and hosted by hostgator. I talked to them and they specifically identified the problem is with W3 Total Cache. When i uninstalled the plugin, everything normalized and all problems were solved. If you go to the plugin support, many webmasters are having this problem and after intensive researching i have found many webmasters with problems. Even many webmasters have no clue if their sites are experiencing this problems. I have seen several as i research in the net; many sites cannot load. Hope their is a solution and many webmasters using W3 total cache must cross check their pages for errors.

juggledad Jun 26, 2013 02:35 PM

are you saying that hostgater has said that the issue is with w3 super cache and Atahualpa?

joshuamu Jun 27, 2013 02:14 AM

The problem is with the plugin. the new release has bugs. Hostgator told me to uninstall the plugin because it is the problem. Atahualpa theme does not have a problem. But am asking are all people running atahualpa new version being affected?

juggledad Jun 27, 2013 03:58 AM

I'll leave this thread open, but you should be asking on the WP forums, not here,

You could download the previous version from WP
Contact the plugin author
or use a different caching plugin

Hody Jul 5, 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 101832)
I'll leave this thread open, but you should be asking on the WP forums, not here,

You could download the previous version from WP
Contact the plugin author
or use a different caching plugin

Are there any recommendations? The Home page of our site www.tribe-online.de is pretty fast, but every page after is pretty slow. I would like to change that ASAP

Thank you

juggledad Jul 5, 2013 07:30 PM

I would suggest testing a bunch and see which works best for you. And then report your findings for others to see what you came up with.

Hody Jul 7, 2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 102045)
I would suggest testing a bunch and see which works best for you. And then report your findings for others to see what you came up with.

We went for Hyper Cached, did speed up the site very much, very easy to configure though...

joshuamu Jul 8, 2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hody (Post 102059)
We went for Hyper Cached, did speed up the site very much, very easy to configure though...

Good suggession