Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Forum How-To (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Links going to "Not Found" in all browsers but IE (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6061)

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 05:21 PM

Links going to "Not Found" in all browsers but IE

Just launched a new site, it went live Tuesday night. Now I hear from users and I verified that the links on my home page and services page (maybe others) are going to "Not Found". These are text links that link to internal pages. I'm using version 3.4.4 of Atahualpa.

lmilesw Feb 26, 2010 05:35 PM

Without seeing how you linked the to the internal pages or posts it's kind of difficult to determine what the problem is. What I use for any internal links is the Link to Post plugin. This adds two button to your TinyMCE editor that lets you add text links to internal pages or posts.

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 05:44 PM

Thanks, Larry. I used the link provided at the top of the page in edit and put it in using the link function. I originally set my target as "open in same window", but then it was suggested to set it to "not set". It's not working in any browser, according to one user, but I have the links working fine in IE and another user has no problem in Firefox.

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 05:49 PM

getting emails

lmilesw Feb 26, 2010 05:49 PM

If you are using the link that is in the browser address bar that will be problematic. You should use the permalink. The plugin I suggested will take care of that for you.

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 05:52 PM

This just might do the trick. Let me try it and test it, and I will let you know. Thank you!

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 05:56 PM

Still not working. The permalink is the same as the URL, but I did copy the permalink straight from the page in WordPress.

lmilesw Feb 26, 2010 05:59 PM

I also noticed that your site url is different from your internal links which have the parent folder in the url.

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 06:02 PM

Oh, right. I know about that and don't know if it is related to this problem. But I would think any text link would open the page it links to.

I so appreciate your help and concern. I just have to take a dinner break right now. Will be back very soon. Thank you again!

lmilesw Feb 26, 2010 06:12 PM

I'm finding the link behavior sporadic. Sometimes I get an error and sometimes I get sent to a page that says nothing is there. Is there supposed to be content on the "Pleased to Meetcha" page?

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 08:19 PM

Yes, that's the problem. There are four links on the home page and four on the "services" page that are not working, except for me in my own IE. And I have Control-F5'd it. My daughter has Chrome and is testing for me as I go. Haven't found anything to fix it yet.

susankmorrow Feb 26, 2010 09:53 PM

I think it is somehow a URL problem, because the links are going to the right URLs, but then it comes up with "not found". I am not really equipped for this.

juggledad Feb 27, 2010 06:14 AM

what is the url?

susankmorrow Feb 27, 2010 08:30 AM

susankmorrow.com

Any help is appreciated!

juggledad Feb 27, 2010 09:59 AM

If you send me a PM with the ADMIN id and PW, I'll take a look at teh back side to see if I can figure out what is happening

juggledad Feb 27, 2010 10:08 AM

p.s. the links don't work in IE8 for me.