Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Atahualpa Videos ?? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9073)

VaporDiva Aug 20, 2010 04:20 PM

Atahualpa Videos ??

I was wondering why there weren't more how to videos on the Atahualpa Theme? The videos on YouTube are very basic. I have a front page up and proceeding with the sidebar widgets. I do get
confused with the reading part sometimes. I guess I would catch on better if I could see the whole process of developing a site on a video. Just wondering? thanks.

juggledad Aug 20, 2010 06:57 PM

That a good suggestion, but making a video takes time, writing a 'how to' book takes time, building a demo site takes time.
So the question is how could someone be compensated from the time they spend.

I make videos for several projects, my church and personal videos. I figure a five minute video takes me about 10 hours of work. Yes, that's right, ten hours.

So how much would you pay for a five minute video? $10? If I pay myself $50/hr times ten hours, I'm investing $500 worth of my time. I'd need 50 people to donate $10 each for me to break even. But what could I teach you in a five minute video...not much

I've been wrestling with this for a long time. How could I get compensated for the time I would spend to write a book or create a demo site or create videos and then I see the number of people that never donate to the developer - Flynn or donate a small amount and want constant answers to their questions. I figure that a $20 donation buys about 20 minutes of my time. After all, how much of a web site would you build for someone for only $20?

If you have any suggestions, I would truly love to hear them. Sorry if this seems like a rant, I truly wish I could figure it out

VaporDiva Aug 20, 2010 09:39 PM

I hear you juggledad. I think you get more than 50 people and then it could be profitable. Truly. Why only 50? I then assume you spend tremendous amounts of time helping more than 50 of us online and also not being compensated. You get to feel instant gratification for helping someone out and that's priceless for us who are on the opposite end.

If I knew what you and others know- how to use the theme to it's fullest, and to show others, I would want to be compensated also. There are many avenues of marketing. Give a lot, take in more ways than one. I am not qualified to give you that advice. You have a great product, and a video would make it that much more attractive to more people. Yes, you would need to reach more people to make it worth your while.

From your example, juggledad, you only have two problems. How to be cost productive (best cost options) and How to reach the numbers you need (quality traffic).

Hire a transcriptionist maybe to write as you speak for the ebook, ecourse. Better yet, I heard Dragon Naturally Speaking 10+ saves people time by writing what you speak. Hopefully a video-ologist here in this forum can help how to get the most out of an hour.

I don't know your whole story, how much you have researched, so I cannot say. I've just begun to use Atahualpa. Forgive me if I'm sticking my nose where it does not belong. But you asked for suggestions and I don't know where you have already looked into.

All I know that products like yours are being developed and making profits, while helping others be more productive. Just the time me learning on my own would make it profitable for me to pay you to
teach me. (of cors, at some reasonable price, I could afford) So that's also part of the equation.

Sorry if I cannot say more to help you and me resolve our dilemma. You have people who want to learn this and at a faster pace. A video is so hands on. I've really said enough, i could go on and not give you the solution to what is best for you. Thanks. Vapor.