Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Nightmare: main page autoscrolls down upon loading, only on Chrome (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18485)

TheEconomist Sep 26, 2012 03:44 PM

[SOLVED] Nightmare: main page autoscrolls down upon loading, only on Chrome

It ruins the entire aspect of the blog. I don't know the cause, I tried to force an autoscroll to top inside the footer but with no success. It doesn't happen on other browsers (tested on IE, Opera and Firefox), but only on Chrome and it's pretty nasty, because a lot of people use Chrome now. It seems strange I didn't find it already reported on this forum. It also happens when clicking the Preview. As expected, it's a bug. I made a test with Montezuma and I get the same scroll down, so it has to be some kind of rogue developer code. :( Running Wordpress 3.3.2 with Atahualpa 3.7.9 .

try it on Chrome: http://thebinarystandard.com

juggledad Sep 26, 2012 05:30 PM

By 'autoscroll'? do you mean the slight delay and movement of the page while the logo image appears?

That is what I see in Safari and Chrome but not in FireFox.

aslso, check the name of the file you have in the atahualpa/images/header/ folder - remember, no spaces or quotes allowed in a file name

lmilesw Sep 26, 2012 06:41 PM

Your site auto scrolls to the bottom in Chrome for me too. I would suspect a plugin or code you have added as I have not seen this issue before.

juggledad Sep 26, 2012 07:18 PM

This sounds like a windows specific issue since it doesn't auto scroll on the mac

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 90342)
Your site auto scrolls to the bottom in Chrome for me too. I would suspect a plugin or code you have added as I have not seen this issue before.

Hi, I just open my computer today and went straight to the website: ClustrMap is not appearing anymore, it has like an "invalid picture" logo instead, and page doesn't scroll to bottom anymore...

However, after logging in, page started to scroll down; ClustrMap is still "offline"

Logout and even removing ClustrMap did not solve the issue.

Active plugins are only Google Analytics for WP and WP-Table Reloaded.

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 04:27 AM

one step at a time
(1) - fix he header image file name - no spaces ot single quotes.

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90355)
one step at a time
(1) - fix he header image file name - no spaces ot single quotes.

Alright, done, removed spaces from all pics in wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 04:39 AM

(2) disable all plugins
(3) set dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most to '1'

your header image is still not showing up - what do you have set at ato->Header Image->Header Image: Height?

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90357)
(2) disable all plugins
(3) set dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most to '1'

your header image is still not showing up - what do you have set at ato->Header Image->Header Image: Height?

All done. Header looking ass ugly, set height to 0.

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 05:27 AM

what version of windoze?

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90359)
what version of windoze?

Windows Server 2008 R2 (the Server edition of 7)

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 06:11 AM

ok, I've can now see it and have a local copy of the page and it is doing it there too. Let me play awhile. Warning this may take a bit since my grandson is about to arrive for the day...(Happy grin)

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 07:03 AM

ok, the issue has to do with the jquery.js that you are using. Are you at the latest version of WP?
The reason I ask is that you are using version 1.7.1 of jquery.js and 1.7.2 is the latest and it may fix the issue.

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90362)
ok, the issue has to do with the jquery.js that you are using. Are you at the latest version of WP?
The reason I ask is that you are using version 1.7.1 of jquery.js and 1.7.2 is the latest and it may fix the issue.

No, my Wordpress is 3.3.2. So I should update to the latest wordpress and also talk with the hoster for the jquery issue?

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 07:33 AM

Yes upgrade to WP 3.4.2 wich will upgrade jquery.js to version 1.7.2 (it is part of wordpress)

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90364)
Yes upgrade to WP 3.4.2 wich will upgrade jquery.js to version 1.7.2 (it is part of wordpress)

Wordpress updated to 3.4.2. No change.

lmilesw Sep 27, 2012 09:30 AM

I just opened your site in Chrome on Windows and it doesn't auto-srcoll now.

juggledad Sep 27, 2012 09:44 AM

also working for me now. make sure you cleared your caches.

TheEconomist Sep 27, 2012 10:05 AM

Thank you guys (especially Juggledad)! I cleared the cache, it seems to be working!