Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Changing next/previous blog from blog titles (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18988)

Virtualmotorpix Nov 28, 2012 08:49 AM

Changing next/previous blog from blog titles

Hi, I was just wondering how I change the 'next/previous' function in the theme so it doesn't display the name of the titles of the blog but instead just simply next/previous or newer/older?

Also I was curious if it was possible to change the little animated 'home' icon from the icon to the word 'home'.

ALSO (sorry about this) if I could change the search bar so that the magnifying glass was clickable for searches and also display inside the search bar the word 'search'.

I think I may be going overboard on usability.

Thanks for any help in advance. I absolutely love this theme and it's been interesting for me to learn bits and bobs of editing templates. Something that is happening quite slowly.

lmilesw Nov 28, 2012 02:02 PM

There is some code in the "Limited PHP code" section you can use to change the next previous wording.

Tho change the animated icon would require making your own CSS sprite image in photoshop as outlined in the "Using Menu icons" section.

To have a clickable magnifier would require code changes to the widget or perhaps there is a plugin that has that feature.

Virtualmotorpix Nov 29, 2012 06:05 AM

Thanks for replying!

I don't know if I'm just being dumb but I can't see the limited php. Where is it?

I wasn't clear before. I don't want the animation on the 'home' icon, just the word. Does that still mean making my own sprite?

I shall have a look around at plugins.

Thanks again.

lmilesw Nov 29, 2012 08:00 AM

When you are in the editor for the virtual page templates at the top right there is a Limited PHP code dropdown.

I'm not sure how you would animate the menu title.

juggledad Nov 29, 2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

I wasn't clear before. I don't want the animation on the 'home' icon, just the word. Does that still mean making my own sprite?
to get rid of the images - in the theme options, mtz->CSS Files->menus_menu1.css - remove the following code
HTML Code:

/* The <i> tag are inserted with Javascript.
The <i> tags allows adding background images from a "sprite" image =
background-image with  */
#menu1 > li > a > i {
        display:                                        block;
        width:                                        24px;
        height:                                        24px;
        margin:                                        0 auto 5px auto;
        background:                        transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) 0 0 no-repeat;
}

#menu1 > li:hover > a > i {
        background:                        transparent url(%tpldir%/images/menu-icons-0090d3.png) -24px 0 no-repeat;
}