Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] Confused New User: more details please on fixing H&F areas in 3.7.13? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21270)

EllieH Dec 14, 2013 11:13 AM

[SOLVED] Confused New User: more details please on fixing H&F areas in 3.7.13?

I lost everything except main content & sidebar in the "upgrade" to 3.7.13. I searched thru this forum for solutions but don't understand where to go to implement the following fix:

...go to ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA and press 'Save Changes' and
...go to ato->Style & edit FOOTER and press 'Save Changes'
...there are two new options that need to be initialized

I looked all over the Admin area but I can't figure out where to find ato->Style. Can you please help me understand what to do step by step? Thanks in advance... Sleepless in Surrey BC.

juggledad Dec 14, 2013 11:26 AM

ATO = Atahualpa Theme Options

EllieH Dec 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Thanks kindly! I still had to search all over to find it. Your fix worked and my Header & Subscribe areas came back, except my logo is messed up and some text is misplaced & looking off-kilter.

;) For any other NEW USERS out there: Go to Admin, scroll down left sidebar to Appearance, then click on Atahualpa Theme Options (ATO), then edit Header area, press Save Changes. Same process for Footer area. Cheers!

Grum Dec 15, 2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieH (Post 105490)
my logo is messed up

Ellie, I also found that I had to check my image locations folder under the ATO settings as that had reverted to default and not ata-images that I had it set on.

juggledad Dec 15, 2013 11:38 AM

@Grum - look at the ato->Image Location option. As of 3.7.12 you can put your images outside the theme folder so they will remain between updates.

Grum Dec 16, 2013 08:06 AM

JD, that's what I did, but after the update the location had defaulted to 'atahualpa' and I had to re-selct it to ata-images... I was trying to drop a gentle hint to Ellie that her problem might be the same thing.... :)

EllieH Dec 16, 2013 09:12 AM

I figured out what the problem was... it wasn't that my logo was messed up after all. Turns out there were 2 lines of text overwritten on top of my logo. So I searched high & low to discover that it's referred to as my blog title and tagline that were showing overtop of my logo, which weren't visible in the old version.

To solve this problem, I ended up in the Style & Edit Header Area - scrolled down to Show Blog Title (clicked "NO") - then scrolled down to Show Blog Tagline (clicked "NO"), saved, published, and Voila it disappeared. Then my logo showed up just fine and my website looked like it was back to normal. This "little thing" took me many hours to figure out.