Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [SOLVED] Site not showing up (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=9100)

nick51 Aug 22, 2010 09:00 AM

[SOLVED] Site not showing up

I moved my site to a new server yesterday. After moving it two things happened.

If I have the Athaualpa (latest) installed the homepage shows up but the Admin gives a 500 error
If I Remove Athaualpa the Admin shows up but the site does not.

Anyone have an idea as to why?

Thanks all for the help. Here is the site but it does not matter since it's not showing up. www.stmatthewsrandolph.org

Nick

juggledad Aug 22, 2010 07:00 PM

did you change the dns to point to the new location?
if you changed the folder name, did you change it in the wordpress url - you may have to edit the wp-options table to do this

nick51 Aug 22, 2010 08:34 PM

did you change the dns to point to the new location? YEP

if you changed the folder name, did you change it in the wordpress url - you may have to edit the wp-options table to do this - YEP, Did this too.

juggledad Aug 23, 2010 04:41 AM

What version of atahualpa and wp?
Do you have the default theme in the theme folder?

You say you can get to the backend. Try resetting the permalinks to the default

nick51 Aug 23, 2010 07:08 PM

I am using WP 3.1 and 3.5.3.

If the theme is installed the site DOES show up, but I cannot log into the back end
If the theme is NOT installed, NO site but I CAN get into the back end.

I'll try resetting the Permalinks. This is really really odd.

Thanks for your help

Nick

nick51 Aug 23, 2010 08:47 PM

The default theme seems to work fine but Atahualpa does not. Is there an old config file for Atahualpa that needs to be deleted? www.stmatthewsrandolph.org. Thanks again for anyone with insights. Nick

juggledad Aug 24, 2010 04:10 AM

This has to be a setting somewhere since it worked before the server switch. I'd need to poke around a bit to tell. If you want me to, send me a PM with an admin id/pw

nick51 Aug 25, 2010 09:37 AM

Thanks Juggledad, appreciate the help and I sent along another donation. The problem seems to be either a messed up WP install or a DB, not the theme. I need to work from there.

Thanks again for your help!

Nick

nick51 Aug 25, 2010 11:21 AM

I found the problem. I use 1and1 as my host and they require that you put a line in the .htaccess file letting them know you want PHP5. I knew this but totally forgot.

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php - if you ever run up against this again.

Everything seems to be OK now but I really appreciate your quick responses and genuine concern.

Thanks,

Nick

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 41354)
This has to be a setting somewhere since it worked before the server switch. I'd need to poke around a bit to tell. If you want me to, send me a PM with an admin id/pw