Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   spacing between pages main container and sidebar (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=17993)

Pauli Jul 16, 2012 03:06 PM

spacing between pages main container and sidebar

is it possible to create a space between the main container and the right sidebar, so that the background(wallpaper) will show up between them?

juggledad Jul 16, 2012 03:54 PM

Use the right inner sidebar with a text widget containing a blank ( )

Pauli Jul 16, 2012 04:22 PM

tried your suggestion but nothing happening

juggledad Jul 16, 2012 06:25 PM

Did you check off the boxes for the rihgt inner sidebar for all the page types?

Pauli Jul 17, 2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 87631)
Did you check off the boxes for the rit inner sidebar for all the page types?

yes all the boxes unticked in the right inner sidebar. I have removed the left sidebar, so just content and right side bar, although I have unticked the inner right sidebar it still seems to be there as the background colour, would like to get rid of that also as I want to have equal space on the background on the L.H.S & R.H.S

I also want to move the right side widgets that I have placed in borders inline with the top and very right hand side of the sidebar, so that it blends in with the background. I can only seem to get the widgets so close. here is the code i'm using in ATO> Style Widgets> Widget Container

my plan is get this done and then figure out how to add the background colour to the spaces on the widgets, so that it all blends in

background-image: url(http://mydomain.com/wp-content/theme...tent-top.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;
margin-top: -10px;

margin: 0 0 18px 0;
border-bottom: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-bottom:10px;
margin-bottom: 10px;

border-top: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-top:10px;
margin-top: 0px;

border-left: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-left:10px;
margin-left: 10px;

border-right: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
padding-right:10px;
margin-right: 0px;

http://goo.gl/SMoce

juggledad Jul 17, 2012 06:06 AM

Ok, I guess I presented my idea wrong. You want some space between the center and right sidebar. To do this you want to ADD in the right inner sidebar so it will be center-right inner-right.

Now you can adjust the width of the right inner sidebar area to give yourself the width you want.

This means the right inner sidebar must be checked off, not unchecked (unchecking says don't display it)

Pauli Jul 17, 2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 87656)
Ok, I guess I presented my idea wrong. You want some space between the center and right sidebar. To do this you want to ADD in the right inner sidebar so it will be center-right inner-right.

Now you can adjust the width of the right inner sidebar area to give yourself the width you want.

This means the right inner sidebar must be checked off, not unchecked (unchecking says don't display it)

I do not know where to check off the inner right sidebar? I did get the look I wanted although I don't think it is really right. In the Right Inner Sidebar Style, I changed the background colour to the same as the page background #F7F7F7, I then added a blank text widget to the Right Inner Sidebar, which gave me the space and colour I wanted, although there was a small bit of image or something sticking out of the widget area. this seemed to disapear under the widget area when I upped the padding from 10px to 30px

border-left: solid 1px #DEDBD1;
padding: 30px 30px 30px 30px;
background: #F7F7F7;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Pauli Jul 19, 2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauli (Post 87658)
I do not know where to check off the inner right sidebar? I did get the look I wanted although I don't think it is really right. In the Right Inner Sidebar Style, I changed the background colour to the same as the page background #F7F7F7, I then added a blank text widget to the Right Inner Sidebar, which gave me the space and colour I wanted, although there was a small bit of image or something sticking out of the widget area. this seemed to disapear under the widget area when I upped the padding from 10px to 30px

border-left: solid 1px #DEDBD1;
padding: 30px 30px 30px 30px;
background: #F7F7F7;
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

anyone? stuck on this!!

juggledad Jul 19, 2012 02:10 AM

Without the URL......

Pauli Jul 19, 2012 09:11 AM

:)

juggledad Jul 19, 2012 01:12 PM

It just says coming soon
Export your settings and attach them to a reply ato->export/import settings

Pauli Jul 19, 2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 87718)
It just says coming soon
Export your settings and attach them to a reply ato->export/import settings

sorry try again now

Pauli Jul 19, 2012 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
attachment

juggledad Jul 19, 2012 05:12 PM

Do you really only want 5px of separation?

Pauli Jul 20, 2012 04:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
no 10px, I have updated it to 10px and attached the new file

juggledad Jul 20, 2012 07:38 AM

why do you have muliple 'div#menu1' in the CSS Inserts?

What exactly is the problem right now?

Pauli Jul 20, 2012 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 87735)
why do you have muliple 'div#menu1' in the CSS Inserts?

What exactly is the problem right now?

The multiple 'div#menu1' in the CSS Inserts? is for a background image on the menu, and hover I still have to put hover image in.

The problem i have now is that I cannot get the right sidebar to go flush with the background colour there is a small gap( white) I can get it so close but cannot close gap.

Also I cannot seem to get a line at bottom on menu bar while entering this code in css inserts

div#menu1 {
border-bottom: solid 1px # DCDCD4;
}

lmilesw Jul 20, 2012 04:25 PM

If that is the exact code you put in one thing is that there should be no space between # and the hex number. You may also have to add !important

Pauli Jul 25, 2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 87748)
If that is the exact code you put in one thing is that there should be no space between # and the hex number. You may also have to add !important

hi, should have seen that, changed it and added !important; but the line still not appearing

div#menu1 {
*border-bottom: solid 1px #DCDCD4; !important;
}

Pauli Jul 25, 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauli (Post 87898)
hi, should have seen that, changed it and added !important; but the line still not appearing

div#menu1 {
*border-bottom: solid 1px #DCDCD4; !important;
}

got this working now, how I did it I do not know as I did not change anything I just deleted the code and put it back in a few times and it worked.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the sidebar flush with the background, as there is still a little wipe gap there??????

juggledad Jul 25, 2012 05:48 PM

that slight white gap is in your menu image

Pauli Jul 30, 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 87909)
that slight white gap is in your menu image

Hi Juggledad,

Been very busy last week so only getting back to this now, I don't think it is the menu image. If you look at the menu on the site again you will see the 2 menu widgets I have in and a small white space. I am trying to get it so that the menus are flush with the background. so as to not leave a white space. I can expand the menus so much but they will only go soo far and leave a white space.

juggledad Jul 30, 2012 01:51 PM

take a look at your images again.

in the sidebar, the white space seems to be at the bottom of the 'content-top.jpg' image
for the header menu the white space seems to be at the top of the 'menu1.jpg' image

Pauli Jul 31, 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 88068)
take a look at your images again.

in the sidebar, the white space seems to be at the bottom of the 'content-top.jpg' image
for the header menu the white space seems to be at the top of the 'menu1.jpg' image

Hi Juggledad,

got it, solution was simple in the end Doh!! thank you

juggledad Jul 31, 2012 01:47 PM

ok, You originally seemed to be talking about the MENU and the small white gap at the top of the menu (caused by the image)

the sidebars get their own styling in 'Style & Configure SIDEBAR', so what have you got set for the right sidebar styling?