Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Forum How-To (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [SOLVED] Blog suddenly won't load with any version of atahualpa theme ! (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12119)

mppc Jan 9, 2011 06:34 AM

[SOLVED] Blog suddenly won't load with any version of atahualpa theme !

I don't exactly know how it happened but I have been having a few bugs lately with my website. Eventually I am having now a White Screen of Death when trying to access to my website but somehow this only occurs only with the atahualpa theme (whatever the version), even though I was using it without any problem until then.
I have tried :
- reinstalling a fresh copy of the atahualpa theme --> won't work
- rebooting all my plugins --> won't work
- Changing the CSS from inline to external file (whatever it means) --> works fine but my category menu is all messed up (it lost most of its styling (colors, padding...)

I recently upgraded my wordpress version to 3.0.4 and my wp version to 3.6 (now switched back to 3.5.3) and wonder if that may have caused the issue.

Please help me ! I am brand new with webmastering and am getting completely lost with my options and am a bit scared to mess things even more doing a bad move.

Thank you all for your help !

lmilesw Jan 9, 2011 06:37 AM

A link to your site please.

mppc Jan 9, 2011 08:55 AM

www.monparispascher.com

Currently it is on but with the messed-up menu. Tell me if you want me to put back the css to internal so you can see the WSOD ?

Thank you for your help. If you need anything else please ask me and I'll more than happy to provide you with extra information

juggledad Jan 9, 2011 07:46 PM

please try this. Activate Atahualpa 353, disable all plugins then switch the CSS to internal and see if it works. If it does, add the plugins in a couple at a time till you find the one that causes the conflict.

mppc Jan 10, 2011 12:07 AM

"please try this. Activate Atahualpa 353, disable all plugins then switch the CSS to internal and see if it works. If it does, add the plugins in a couple at a time till you find the one that causes the conflict."

I have followed your instructions. Somehow my website won't disappear anymore after switching back the css to internal. Eventually, after disabling then reactivaing all my plugins, I end up in the same situation I was with my CSS set to external, which is the website is fine but with a messed-up category menu who lost its style.

Thanks again for your help :)

juggledad Jan 10, 2011 08:55 AM

so, with CSS at Internal and the plugins disabled is the category menu ok?

mppc Jan 10, 2011 11:56 PM

No it is not, with CSS inlne and all my plugins deactivated my category menu still won't find its style...

juggledad Jan 11, 2011 03:23 AM

this is strange. when I view the source, copy it to a file and view it in a browser, it shows the black menu background. I've never seen anything like this. please export your settings and attach them to a reply (ato->Export/Import Settings) and I'll see if it is the settings.

mppc Jan 11, 2011 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my settings !

juggledad Jan 11, 2011 12:24 PM

Well, this is even more interesting. Your style shows fine for me on my site.
Disable all your plugins and see what happens.

also take out the code at ato->Post THUMBNAILS->Post Thumbnail CSS

mppc Jan 11, 2011 02:48 PM

Fantastic ! Taking out the post thumbnail CSS brought me back my styled menu !!!
Thank you so much :) :) :)