Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Excerpts, Read more, Pagination (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   [SOLVED] Need full-sized image on excerpts (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20367)

Blessings4all May 20, 2013 11:55 AM

[SOLVED] Need full-sized image on excerpts

All of the images on the homepage excerpts are being cropped. I want the full image to show up for each excerpt on the homepage. How do I do this? Thanks.

juggledad May 20, 2013 12:15 PM

need to see an example to venture a guess

Blessings4all May 20, 2013 12:57 PM

Here's the site: HomeschoolWithLove

juggledad May 20, 2013 05:15 PM

does the post have a featured image? or are you using a thumbnail plugin?

Blessings4all May 20, 2013 05:31 PM

All of my posts have featured images. It was never an issue before.

These are the plugins I'm using:
Akismet
AuthorSure
BackWPup
Better WP Security
CommentLuv
Contact Form 7
Google Analytics for Wordpress
nRelate Related Content
Shareaholic
Social Media Widget
Wordpress SEO

juggledad May 20, 2013 06:39 PM

Swap to twenty twelve and see is you see the same issue

Blessings4all May 20, 2013 06:59 PM

Umm...I totally respect your expertise in this area, but I just spent almost an entire day redoing my blog with the Atahualpa theme. I don't have time to switch it to another theme and then switch it back and set everything up again like the styles and such. Plus, I deleted all the other themes from my blog. Isn't there an easier way to fix this? FYI: My previous theme was Weaver II. However, I really like Atahualpa because of its versatility.

juggledad May 21, 2013 06:28 AM

If you respect my expertise, do you think I wold suggest something that would wipe out your settings?
You should always leave the default theme in the theme folder 'just in case'.

Blessings4all May 21, 2013 09:53 AM

What? Do you mean to say that there is a way to save every little setting I made in Atahualpa including the Default2 style, the colors, the new widgets, the fonts, and everything so that I can go back to it with one click (or two)? I would LOVE to know how to do that! :) Please give me the step-by-step instructions and I will gladly test it out today or tomorrow.

lmilesw May 21, 2013 12:32 PM

You can switch themes whenever you like. Just select the new theme and then when you want to go back just select the theme you were using. This is the way WordPress works.

Blessings4all May 22, 2013 10:06 AM

I looked up switching themes and found this in the Wordpress forum:

Quote:

changes being kept depends how they were made.

so when you install a new theme, it will be used default/brand new. No features/options set up

Your old theme will retain any coding changes you made (unless it was to the twentyten theme, which should never be edited)

Any options set from an admin menu should be saved. But that depends on themes. Some may wipe them out, but most retain your settings.

If you come back to the old theme, and code changes will still be there, options should also be there. It should be set up just like when you left it. As I mentioned, there are exceptions.

Saving your theme is always good if you have made changes. But if you made changes through a theme options panel or something, rather than code, saving the theme will not save these options. They are saved to the database
Some other posts say that certain themes will save your settings and others will not. Forgive my ignorance, but my question is this: Will the Atahualpa theme save every little change that I made to it if I switch to Twenty Twelve and then switch back to it? Thanks for your patience with my lack of knowledge.:)

lmilesw May 22, 2013 12:25 PM

I switch themes all the time with no impact.

Blessings4all May 29, 2013 08:26 PM

Thanks so much. I switched to Twenty Twelve and here is what it looked like on my homepage.

http://www.homeschoolwithlove.com/wp...rpt-glitch.jpg

Very odd. The excerpts included both the glitched image and the correct image.

I have since switched back to Atahualpa. Settings were saved! Thanks. :)

Now, any idea as to how to correct that odd glitch?

lmilesw May 30, 2013 05:11 AM

You may have to play with the WordPress Media settings and the Atahualpa Thumbnail settings and you also may have to use a thumbnail regeneration plugin after making any changes.

Blessings4all May 30, 2013 09:30 AM

The thumbnail regeneration plugin did the trick. THANK YOU! And I love the Atahualpa theme! :)