Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   ThemeFrame Presales (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ThemeFrame Video (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4469)

Flynn Nov 16, 2009 08:14 PM

ThemeFrame Video

I'll need 2-3 more days for a first Beta Release (which will still miss a few things, but will be usable).

Here's a screencast of the CSS Creator in Themeframe:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/videos/themeframe1/

Wimbledon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 PM

EXCELLENT work Flynn!

I am very excited now.

owenl Nov 17, 2009 12:12 AM

Really fantastic stuff - very very interesting

Cédric H Nov 17, 2009 02:44 AM

It's just brilliant ...

Thumbs up and keep that amazing work going.

paulae Nov 17, 2009 06:56 AM

Flynn, I am just blown away. This is an amazing piece of work, and I don't see how any other themes, at any price, or even free, can compete. You'll also put Artisteer out of business. They should buy you out, actually!

I'm planning a new Wordpress MU site, and wonder if all of this will work with MU.

Very exciting stuff. Oh, and it's nice to hear your voice. ;)

Danielwerner Nov 17, 2009 11:55 AM

Very impressive, Flynn! Keep it up. :)

gomer Nov 17, 2009 12:47 PM

Looks a very usable interface between user and HTML-CSS & ATA-WP-PHP. I'm sure all are eager to check-out ThemeFrame's capabilities.

electron sponge Nov 17, 2009 01:31 PM

This looks really cool. I can't wait. I've never seen a Wordpress theme come anywhere close to this. Really groundbreaking stuff.

Liston Nov 17, 2009 03:21 PM

As others are saying this is looking good. I actually think it looks good as it is. Impressive functionality as it is just now. Finished version will be worth the wait. Ground-breaking indeed. I hope that you get the success you deserve from this.

I had 19 hours at work today, seeing this 'video' cheered me up immensely.

John

edit: I hope people support the development of the theme through the beta. Even if you can't afford to donate any money, a kind word and a thank you will probably go a long way.

bcorrigan Nov 18, 2009 12:49 PM

Looks great Flynn,

Tell me, are using Son of Suckerfish, or the one in Atahualpa (Ruthian?) for the menuing CSS code? or something else?

I can't wait to try it out!

-Bill

Flynn Nov 18, 2009 01:25 PM

This is currently using Son of Suckerfish but I could imagine integrating rMenu as well at a later stage. I just don't want to promise too much or else it'll always look as if it's never finished even if it already does much more than competing products.

thetravelchronicle Nov 18, 2009 05:06 PM

Will ThemeFrame be able to import settings from an Atahualpa Theme?
If not, will the layout of all the Appearance Options be similar enough to find where the settings should be entered?
As much fun as this looks, it would be nice to have the starting point of previous work.

To put it another way, I'd rather not procrastinate for even another three days in setting up a new site I'm working on, but will do so if starting from scratch in ThemeFrame is going to be the easiest way to work with it.

Flynn Nov 18, 2009 05:32 PM

It will use the same layout technique and many page elements will have the same ID's and class names but you won't be able to import settings from Atahualpa.

DavePorter Nov 18, 2009 06:34 PM

Thanks for the preview video Flynn, great looking stuff...

One question that came to mind after seeing the video is about an undo feature ?

Being able to change so many css settings so quickly, I wonder if you have the ability to do a 'master save' at some point in time, then play and make lots of changes, then if you are not happy with all the changes go back to that previous point in time to restore the theme from that time ?

Hope this makes sense...

regards, Dave Porter
ps Have donated based on what I have seen in the video !

masterchief Nov 19, 2009 06:50 AM

OMG... really super stuff!!!

It looks like the mutant offspring from the Stylizer CSS Editor from Skybound and Firebug Addon for Firefox. SUPER job!

PLease... DO NOT sell to Microsoft! :)

Danielwerner Nov 19, 2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavePorter (Post 19214)
Thanks for the preview video Flynn, great looking stuff...

One question that came to mind after seeing the video is about an undo feature ?

Being able to change so many css settings so quickly, I wonder if you have the ability to do a 'master save' at some point in time, then play and make lots of changes, then if you are not happy with all the changes go back to that previous point in time to restore the theme from that time ?

Hope this makes sense...

regards, Dave Porter
ps Have donated based on what I have seen in the video !

Good question! That would be an excellent feature.

Vidal Nov 19, 2009 08:39 PM

WOW... just ... WOW

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing out there that comes remotely close. As Masterchief has said, please don't sell it to MS - they'll ruin it and then charge 5 times the price.

Now we can see why you needed a little extra time! Take all the time you need. Even though we're all on the edge of our seats, if the rest of TF is like this little snippet it will be well and truly worth the wait.

JaneD Nov 22, 2009 08:40 AM

Holy crap! That is AWESOME!!!! I want it! I want it! I WANT IT!

I am so excited about this Theme it's ridiculous. :p

Someone had asked in another thread whether themeframe was going to be able to have a single sidebar area above 2 sidebars like thesis, and from the looks of this video, that is definitely a feature that is included.

Flynn, you are an amazing programmer. I am not a coder, and to see work like this, is really inspiring to me. Again, it looks awesome!

Danielwerner Nov 22, 2009 06:34 PM

Yeah! And I just want to express a bit of extra gratitude to Flynn for listening to the fan community and keeping Themeframe a product instead of a service.

Vielen dank. :)

kal Nov 23, 2009 04:23 PM

Wow! Excellent WORK! I love it!

Flynn Nov 26, 2009 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Give me 2-3 more days. I'll post a new video tomorrow and the Beta 2 days later.

aagblog Nov 30, 2009 09:52 PM

Thank you so much for all your work. I love Atahualpa and can't wait to get my hands on Theme Frame!

Liston Dec 2, 2009 10:04 AM

I know a few people will be wondering the same. Would it be possible to get an updated time frame on when the next video might be released Flynn? Not seen you online in some time. Hope everything is okay on your end.

John

Flynn Dec 2, 2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liston (Post 19958)
I know a few people will be wondering the same. Would it be possible to get an updated time frame on when the next video might be released Flynn? Not seen you online in some time. Hope everything is okay on your end.

John

I just posted a new video http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4690

I am working hard on it 12/7 and hope to release it in very few days.

Ber|Art Dec 3, 2009 10:46 AM

Thx! Flynn, very impresive! :)