Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Strange behaviour on search results title (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8414)

justshopandgive Jul 21, 2010 05:40 AM

Strange behaviour on search results title

Hi all, recently discovered atahualpa and loving it. Found it easy to learn and use.

I just have one strange thing happening. The best way to explain it is to perhaps ask someone to visit my site Just Shop and Give and do the following:

1. Click the 'Art' category from the list on the left - Push Posters should be the first in the categroy -everything is fine!
2. Now enters posters as a search term in the search box above the categories - hopefully it's obvious what my problem is - why has the post title gone wrong - is there somewhere to edit the search results page?

Thanks very much for any guidance,
Nick

lmilesw Jul 21, 2010 07:07 AM

What version of Atahualpa and WP?

justshopandgive Jul 21, 2010 08:32 AM

Sorry, forgot to include that info.
Atahualpa 3.4.9
WordPress 3.0

Thanks,
Nick

lmilesw Jul 21, 2010 08:59 AM

That took awhile to figure out. It is the Search Everything plugin. I fiddled with some of the settings but so far I get the same results as you no matter what I have tried. Hmmmm

justshopandgive Jul 21, 2010 09:07 AM

Thanks for the pointer - I'll take a look around myself.

Don't spend any of your time on it - just wanted to check it wasn't me being dumb and/or if someone knew a quick fix.

Thanks,
Nick

justshopandgive Jul 21, 2010 09:10 AM

Just turned off the 'highlight search terms' and that seems to have done the trick! Will have to get by without that facility for now - not vital.

Thanks again for the clue!
Nick

justshopandgive Jul 21, 2010 09:43 AM

Just wanted to add that this behaviour has been reported as a bug in the Search Everthing Plugin site - here

flieger28 Aug 26, 2010 12:01 PM

Someone posted a fix on the search Eyerything Homepage.
But i don't knoe where to ad the php

Quote:

Hi, there is a fast-fix for some time to solve this bug. I tried to cut found title string in your {template_folder}/search.php with PHP like that:

<!-- Post Starts -->
<div class="post">
$poz = strpos(the_title('','',false),'">'); // finding index of ">
if($poz > -1){ $title=substr( the_title('','',false), ($poz+2) ); // cut wrong part from string } else { $title = the_title('','',false); }
?>
<h2 class="title"><a href="" rel="bookmark" ></a></h2>

But i have problem with other parts of my site, exactly with side panel with my lastest news.
Von Anonym vor 2 Tagen aktualisiert
Comment

Last line is broken in my previous post, i cant post PHP code :)

<h2 class="title"><a href="< ? php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" >< ? php echo $title; ? ></a></h2>