Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   New Versions, & Updating (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   333 Upgrade Question (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1862)

jfrenaye May 31, 2009 12:08 PM

333 Upgrade Question

I am ready to upgrade to 333. Currently I have many widgets installed, ads, etc.

Will all of this automatically move to the new 333 when I activate it? Also, I tweaked some colors and got rid fo the dashed lines and resized the columns. Will all this come along as well?

If not, what will I need to change? And I guess if I screw it up--if I go back to the old version, will I still have what was in there?

Thanks for a FANTASTIC theme

juggledad May 31, 2009 12:12 PM

Yes, everything should be fine.I have both 333 and 332 in my themes folder and swap on occasion (for testing). You can even swap to a different theme and then back and the settings will all be there.

jfrenaye May 31, 2009 12:57 PM

Thanks so much. All I needed to do was copy my header images.

FWIW, I used EZ Adsenser as a widget and it did not carry over my settings, but no biggie.

I also cannot get my favicon to work. I tried copying it from my old faviocon dir to the new one in 333 and then I recreated it downloaded it, deleted it from teh 333 directory and then re-uploaded it. ANy suggestions?

And finally, on the demo of the theme, there is a widget at the upper right that has tabs (I am thinking they were for most popular, recent comments and subscribe..but I could be wrong) But how can I create that on my blog? What is the name of that widget or if it is built into the themer...where

Thanks again so much!

John

juggledad May 31, 2009 03:07 PM

tabbed widget: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tabbed-widgets/

as for the flavicon, it should work, make sure you don't have spaces in the file name - what's the url

jfrenaye May 31, 2009 05:51 PM

I resolved the Flavicon (or it resolved itself) and thanks for the tabbed widget--will need to play with it for a little. Tried it a little bit but need to see if I can get it looking right and so forth.

One (hopefully final) question....

I have the general settings (under READING) to display 8 posts on the first page (max) and it does 8.

In the Atahualpa settings POSTS/EXCERPTS I have it set to EXCERPTS ONLY and then Show first 5 posts as full posts. The rest is only excerpts. It worked on the last revision but not this time around. I am looking to display 8 posts on the main page and the first 5 are full posts and the remaining three are excerpts.

Any clue?

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net

Thanks

juggledad Jun 8, 2009 10:10 AM

You have a plugin KonaFilter that is causing the problem

jfrenaye Jun 8, 2009 10:25 AM

I am unaware fo a KonaFilter....is it another name?

juggledad Jun 8, 2009 01:05 PM

I'm just going from what's in the generated source for the page. Basically it's one of the plugins you have active. I think it is the KONTERA plugin - deactivate it and see

ldsmedia Jun 10, 2009 11:21 AM

Although this is a different question, since it kind of fits in with the main theme I will ask it here first.
I am currently running 3.2 but I thought I had uploaded 3.3.3 I uploaded 3.3.3. again today, but I do not see a way to activate it.

My admin panel still shows 3.2 and when I click to activate Atahualpa it is still the 3.2 version. Any ideas of what may be going on?

juggledad Jun 10, 2009 06:40 PM

ldsmedia
you switch themes in the wordpress dashboard. Go to Dashboard->Appearances->Themes and pick the theme you want and activate it.

ldsmedia Jun 11, 2009 08:30 AM

Well WP has kind of moved the activate link which of course, created some confusion for me when I first activated Atahualpa the first time. The problem was I didn't notice that the options for 3.2 and 333 were right next to each other. I thought it would automatically activate the new theme since I had already activated the old version.

Just a little newbie confusion. I hope someone else may find this helpful.:)

Qtip Jun 17, 2009 11:01 AM

I have been reading for a few days trying to figure out how to upgrade from Atahualpa 3.2 to 3.3.3, but haven't been able to find instructions that work for me. I already have 3.2 activated so there is no other option (as best I can tell) for upgrading to 3.3.3.

I have uploaded it to my server and can see the files there, but have no link to it in my Wordpress dashboard. The only version of the theme I see there is the 3.2 which is listed as the current theme. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I absolutely love this theme and it's versatility. I am looking forward to discovering what else I can do with it.

juggledad Jun 17, 2009 06:07 PM

Here is what I did. Name the Atahualpa 333 folder 'atahualpa333'. Put this folder in your site's themes folder (.../wp-content/themes/). Now go into the WordPress Dashboard -> Appearances -> Themes and you should see multiple themes called Atahualpa and one should have the description starting with:
Atahualpa
Version 3.3.3 - Build your own unique, professional and browser-safe WordPress theme...

Now select it and activate it, that's it, your done.

paulae Jun 17, 2009 07:10 PM

I've customized a lot of the 3.3.2 files like functions.php and bfa_header_config.php. If I simply replace the 3.3.3 files of those names with my old ones, will that work, or will I be negating something new and important in the new theme version?

juggledad Jun 18, 2009 06:48 AM

you will run into problems. I just did a 'DIFF' on both functions.php and bfa_header_config.php (32 VRS 333) and there are coding changes in both.