Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Page & Category Menu Bars (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   how to create the background colour of the buttons invisible? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1688)

rinoa3108 May 17, 2009 03:36 AM

how to create the background colour of the buttons invisible?

Hello,
Is there a way to take out the solid colour for the buttons, for all states? I just want the button text to change colour on hover and when clicked on, and the colour of the buttons to be invisible. Thanks

juggledad May 17, 2009 02:29 PM

Ummm, what buttons are you talking about? It would be good if you were a little more detailed in your question and gave a link to an example.

rinoa3108 May 19, 2009 01:02 AM

hello,
sorry. the buttons in the page menu bar.
example: www.blueginger.judyly.com
At the moment the buttons have a black background on them and i would like to make the invisible so the blue strip shows behind it.
Thanks.

juggledad May 19, 2009 05:16 PM

So if I understand you,
currently when you mouse over the page menu bar, say the word 'Functions' the background goes from blue to black, but you would lie it to remain blue.

How about setting the Atahualpa Theme Option -> Page Menu bar -> Background color: Hover to the same color as the tahualpa Theme Option -> Page Menu bar -> Background color?

If the hover color is the same as the background color, you won't see a change.

rinoa3108 May 27, 2009 08:41 AM

it needs to be transparent because the button extends upwards towards the top of the browser window. if it is made the same colour blue as the bar then the blue will show above the bar.
anyone know the code for the on hover state for the background colour of a button?

juggledad May 27, 2009 01:20 PM

I'm confused, when I go to the site (ohh, lovely looking dishes!!) I just see a text menu buttons, nothing special. However, try adding this to ATO -> HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

ul.rMenu
{
background: #;
}

rinoa3108 Aug 8, 2009 12:40 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the css insert but it is still the same colour. Anyway i have left it that way and it looks okay.
For this website though the button background needs to be transparent because the buttons are sticking out from the bottom of the header.

www.barasia.judyly.com

Any way to make the button background transparent? Or perhaps another way to fix it? Cheers

juggledad Aug 8, 2009 05:37 AM

try
HTML Code:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li {
        background-color: #;       
        }

rinoa3108 Aug 8, 2009 08:08 AM

tried it. hmm still the same. here is the insert:

ul.rMenu {
background: #;
}
ul.rMenu li {